Touching the Void DVD Release 6/15

Shawn Curry

Guest
This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of you
may be interested.

Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:

> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of you
> may be interested.
>
> Shawn

Cool... thx!

--
Slakcer

Shawn Curry wrote:
> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of you
> may be interested.
>
> Shawn

yes. I am really annoyed that it bypassed the theatres in this neck of the
woods.

Penny

On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:

> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of you
> may be interested.

When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my uni, me and my mate
couldnt stop laughing at the title. Or is that because we are so immature ;)

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Matthew Paterson wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:
>

>>This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of you
>>may be interested.

> When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my uni, me and my mate
> couldnt stop laughing at the title. Or is that because we are so immature ;)

Would mean something totally different if it were a George Carlin movie,
wouldn't it?

Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Matthew Paterson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:
>>

>>> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought some of
>>> you may be interested.

>> When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my uni, me and
>> my mate couldnt stop laughing at the title. Or is that because we
>> are so immature ;)
>>

> Would mean something totally different if it were a George Carlin
> movie, wouldn't it?
>
> Shawn

I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat the heck out of
"everest X-treme" or whatever that last idiotic Hollywood climbing fim was.

penny

> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat the heck out of
> "everest X-treme" or whatever that last idiotic Hollywood climbing fim was.
>
> penny

I just rented that Imax Everest movie the other weekend, was very
disappointed. There was some cool shots, but it lacked so much. I'm glad
I didn't spend the $9 to see it at the theater.

Although I do have to mention, that Spanish climbing chick in that movie
had one of most beautiful bodies I've ever seen. Her legs were a study
perfection. That alone was worth the $3.

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat the heck out
>> of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last idiotic Hollywood
>> climbing fim was.
>>
>> penny
>>

> I just rented that Imax Everest movie the other weekend, was very
> disappointed. There was some cool shots, but it lacked so much. I'm
> glad I didn't spend the $9 to see it at the theater.

The Imax version of the Everest story was OK. I went to the premiere here
and Tengay Norzing's (sp?) son gave a great intro and slide show. I'm
thinking of some fictional thing that came out of few years ago, after the
Everest disaster that involved rockets in a backpack, some cocaine and your
other usual hollywood climbing silliness. I am drawing such a total blank on
the name I can't even google the thing. All I know is that like all
Hollywood ( not IMAX made) climbing movies, it had the mountaineer types at
my house rolling on the floor with it's inaccuracies and general silliness.

> Although I do have to mention, that Spanish climbing chick in that
> movie had one of most beautiful bodies I've ever seen. Her legs were
> a study perfection. That alone was worth the $3.

heh.

Penny

pas wrote:
> Slacker wrote:
>>> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat the heck out
>>> of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last idiotic Hollywood
>>> climbing fim was.

Vertical Limit, that's the name of that thing.
what a joke.

penny