Tour 2003 GC predictions

K. J. Papai

Guest
Levi's and Tyler's injuries caused me to adjust my guesses.

New final GC prediction, 7/11/03, before the first Alpine stage tomorrow.

1. LANCE
2. Ullrich at 1:45
3. Beloki at 6:30
4. Mayo at 7:15
5. Simoni at 8:00
6. Heras at 8:01

Green: Petacchi (I think he survives the mountains) Polka: Beloki White: Michael Rogers

-Ken.

Uh...he's predicting Lance will win.

Mason Verger wrote in message ...
>On [GMT+0100=CET],
>K. J. Papai <[email protected]> thought hard and spewed:
>
>You idiots will try to find anything to trash Lance.

"K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Levi's and Tyler's injuries caused me to adjust my guesses.
>
> New final GC prediction, 7/11/03, before the first Alpine stage tomorrow.
>
> 1. LANCE
> 2. Ullrich at 1:45
> 3. Beloki at 6:30
> 4. Mayo at 7:15
> 5. Simoni at 8:00
> 6. Heras at 8:01
>
> Green: Petacchi (I think he survives the mountains) Polka: Beloki White: Michael Rogers

I agree with your top guys list but there's no way Petacchi does any better than Mario. He is
exactly the same type of sprinter and I expect him to go better than Mario in the spring classics
but no better in tours.

"Tom Kunich" <tkunich@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "K. J. Papai" <com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Levi's and Tyler's injuries caused me to adjust my guesses.
> >
> > New final GC prediction, 7/11/03, before the first Alpine stage tomorrow.
> >
> > 1. LANCE
> > 2. Ullrich at 1:45
> > 3. Beloki at 6:30
> > 4. Mayo at 7:15
> > 5. Simoni at 8:00
> > 6. Heras at 8:01
> >
> > Green: Petacchi (I think he survives the mountains) Polka: Beloki White: Michael Rogers

GREEN will now be McEwen, Zabel, or Cookie? Yes, you candy ass!

Simoni now 12+ minutes back in two weeks? Yes.

> I agree with your top guys list but there's no way Petacchi does any better than Mario. He is
> exactly the same type of sprinter and I expect him to go better than Mario in the spring classics
> but no better in tours.

I was a little surprised Petacchi quit so damn early today. He must REALLY be out of shape for
someone 6'1" and 158 lbs.

Were that we were all so damn fat.

-Ken

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:30_Pa.46167$N7.5963@sccrnsc03...

> "Tom Kunich" <tkunich@> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "K. J. Papai" <com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Levi's and Tyler's injuries caused me to adjust my guesses.
> > >
> > > New final GC prediction, 7/11/03, before the first Alpine stage tomorrow.
> > >
> > > 1. LANCE
> > > 2. Ullrich at 1:45
> > > 3. Beloki at 6:30
> > > 4. Mayo at 7:15
> > > 5. Simoni at 8:00
> > > 6. Heras at 8:01
> > >
> > > Green: Petacchi (I think he survives the mountains) Polka: Beloki White: Michael Rogers
>
> GREEN will now be McEwen, Zabel, or Cookie? Yes, you candy ass!
>
> Simoni now 12+ minutes back in two weeks? Yes.
>
> > I agree with your top guys list but there's no way Petacchi does any better than Mario. He is
> > exactly the same type of sprinter and I expect him to go better than Mario in the spring
> > classics but no better in tours.
>
> I was a little surprised Petacchi quit so damn early today. He must REALLY be out of shape for
> someone 6'1" and 158 lbs.

Out of shape? What? Do you think he might have left a bit of form on the roads of France after
working his ass off winning 4 stages?

> Were that we were all so damn fat.
>
> -Ken

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@posting.google.com...

> > GREEN will now be McEwen, Zabel, or Cookie? Yes, you candy ass!
> >
> > Simoni now 12+ minutes back in two weeks? Yes.
> >
> > > I agree with your top guys list but there's no way Petacchi does any better than Mario. He is
> > > exactly the same type of sprinter and I expect him to go better than Mario in the spring
> > > classics but no better in tours.
> >
> > I was a little surprised Petacchi quit so damn early today. He must REALLY be out of shape for
> > someone 6'1" and 158 lbs.
>
> Out of shape? What? Do you think he might have left a bit of form on the roads of France after
> working his ass off winning 4 stages?

Let'd see.... Petacchi went 100% on 4 stages, for a grand total of 2000 meters or so. I like
Petacchi, but damn! He pulled a Cipo on us.

-Ken