Toyota-United is out of money for the year

sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
riders.

mercury did that 5 years ago.

which T-U rider will go on to win the TdF in 5 years, only to fail a
drug test?

[email protected] wrote:
> sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
> riders.
>
> mercury did that 5 years ago.
>
> which T-U rider will go on to win the TdF in 5 years, only to fail a
> drug test?

Maybe that's why Andreu was "fired".

I guess not enough of us bought their bikes.

Colin Campbell wrote:
> I guess not enough of us bought their bikes.

Toyota bikes ?

Donald Munro wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>> sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
>>> riders.
>>>

> Colin Campbell wrote:
>
>> I guess not enough of us bought their bikes.
>>

> Toyota bikes ?

The team has been offering their "team" bikes for sale to the public.
If I recall correctly, they were handing out information sheets at the
Tour of California. I forget who makes them, but, as they are the (to
me) ugly compact geometry, I really didn't care. I believe I read that
sales of "team" bikes was supposed to help finance the Toyota-United
team's racing.

Colin Campbell wrote:
> Donald Munro wrote:

> > Colin Campbell wrote:
> >
> >> I guess not enough of us bought their bikes.
> >>

> > Toyota bikes ?
> >

> The team has been offering their "team" bikes for sale to the public.
> If I recall correctly, they were handing out information sheets at the
> Tour of California. I forget who makes them, but, as they are the (to
> me) ugly compact geometry, I really didn't care. I believe I read that
> sales of "team" bikes was supposed to help finance the Toyota-United
> team's racing.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/aug06/aug04news2

Damn it. I was hoping to race for them once Phonak fires me.

Froid

[email protected] wrote:
> sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
> riders.

I am sooo gonna miss checking out their promo girls in skinsuits that
show up on the pezcyclingnews.com distractions of the day from time to
time.

Fred

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
> > riders.

> I am sooo gonna miss checking out their promo girls in skinsuits that
> show up on the pezcyclingnews.com distractions of the day from time to
> time.
>
> Fred

I spoke to one of said "promo girls".... Turns out she was a raspy
voiced local stripper hired for the day....

On 4 Aug 2006 20:54:44 -0700, "Omar Abukar" <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > sources say they have scrapped their race schedule, and stopped paying
>> > riders.

>> I am sooo gonna miss checking out their promo girls in skinsuits that
>> show up on the pezcyclingnews.com distractions of the day from time to
>> time.
>>
>> Fred

>I spoke to one of said "promo girls".... Turns out she was a raspy
>voiced local stripper hired for the day....

and....

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
> On 4 Aug 2006 20:54:44 -0700, "Omar Abukar" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >[email protected] wrote:
> >>
> >> I am sooo gonna miss checking out their promo girls in skinsuits that
> >> show up on the pezcyclingnews.com distractions of the day from time to
> >> time.
> >>
> >> Fred

> >I spoke to one of said "promo girls".... Turns out she was a raspy
> >voiced local stripper hired for the day....

> and....
>
> Ron

"NO AND THEN"

Out of money? Best funded US domestic team in history. Take a look at
today's Velonews. They just signed Henk Vogels -- not exactly the
behavior of a team that is running on fumes. Negotiating with JJ Haedo
-- to even be in that negotiation you have to have cash. JJ is being
courted by european teams that are probably offering plenty of cash.

Frankie was burned out and failed to live up to his commitments to the
Team. You get fired for that kind of behavior. Why should he be
surprised?

[email protected] wrote:
> Out of money? Best funded US domestic team in history. Take a look at
> today's Velonews. They just signed Henk Vogels -- not exactly the
> behavior of a team that is running on fumes. Negotiating with JJ Haedo
> -- to even be in that negotiation you have to have cash. JJ is being
> courted by european teams that are probably offering plenty of cash.
>
> Frankie was burned out and failed to live up to his commitments to the
> Team. You get fired for that kind of behavior. Why should he be
> surprised?

Toyota is spending all their money on NASCAR events - moving 3 cars
into Cup competition next year, and already have Craftsman Truck Series
teams. Word is they threw money at everyone in the Cup garage area and
have managed to lure some of the best crewmen away from established
teams.

N.

The Team is funded. Usenet posters suggesting otherwise are full of
$hit.

[email protected] wrote:
> The Team is funded. Usenet posters suggesting otherwise are full of
> $hit.

Please don't top post. But yes, if you examine the OP's IP, you'll
find this is the same dufus as Crit Pro (north) and Froid Landis.

T-U can't be that broke if they've signed Henk Vogels. That photo on
velonews is really amusing. Another stoner on the US pro scene.
great.
http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/10680.0.html