TQ setting for Alpha-Q carbon steerer

John Meier

Guest
I need to service the headset on a bike that has a Alpha-Q carbon steerer tube and a 3T Zepp stem.
Can anyone out there let me know what the recommended torque setting is for the stem onto the
steerer tube and the cap of the stem onto the handlebars?

Thanks

John Meier Washougal, WA

"John Meier" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:VKpEa.870563$OV.814754@rwcrnsc54...
> I need to service the headset on a bike that has a Alpha-Q carbon
> steerer tube and a 3T Zepp stem. Can anyone out there let me know what
the
> recommended torque setting is for the stem onto the steerer tube and the
cap
> of the stem onto the handlebars?
>
> Thanks

Recommended torque is "tight enough". In other words, tighten the bars so they don't slip when you
lean on them. Tighten the stem/steerer tight enough so it doesn't slip easily (current discussion on
this in rbt), but will move with crash force.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]