TQ setting for Alpha-Q carbon steerer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Meier, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. John Meier

    John Meier Guest

    I need to service the headset on a bike that has a Alpha-Q carbon steerer tube and a 3T Zepp stem.
    Can anyone out there let me know what the recommended torque setting is for the stem onto the
    steerer tube and the cap of the stem onto the handlebars?

    Thanks

    John Meier Washougal, WA

    Tags:

  2. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "John Meier" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to service the headset on a bike that has a Alpha-Q carbon
    > steerer tube and a 3T Zepp stem. Can anyone out there let me know what
    the
    > recommended torque setting is for the stem onto the steerer tube and the
    cap
    > of the stem onto the handlebars?
    >
    > Thanks

    Recommended torque is "tight enough". In other words, tighten the bars so they don't slip when you
    lean on them. Tighten the stem/steerer tight enough so it doesn't slip easily (current discussion on
    this in rbt), but will move with crash force.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]