Track pump recommendations?

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Ben wrote:
>
> > ok, comparing the 'robustness' was probably the wrong word. The JB just felt 'cheap' if you know
> > what I mean?
>
> No, not really, which is why I'm intrigued. Was it actually the yellow "Sport"? Nothing about mine
> suggests it isn't here to stay. Maybe they've respecified it?

It was grey and black with, I think, yellow lettering.
--
******** replace 'spam' with 'ben' to reply *********

Ben wrote: [Joeblow]
> It was grey and black with, I think, yellow lettering.

My JB Sport is bright yellow, just like the pic in the EBC catalogue. It's made of steel for the
most part, and built like a tank, so I imagine the one you saw was a different model.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

On Wed, 28 May 2003 13:57:19 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My JB Sport is bright yellow, just like the pic in the EBC catalogue. It's made of steel for the
>most part, and built like a tank, so I imagine the one you saw was a different model.

I know I've got one so I'll just go and get it.

OK. It's big, red and metal, and is made in Taiwan. It says BETO Cycling Necessity on the side and
can manage pressures up to 160psi, or so it says. I've used it up to about 110psi without any
trouble. It has a head for both presta & schraeder valves.

I bought it from my LBS for £25.00 and it's very, very nice.

I shall now return the beast to its resting place.

James