Trek 3900 chain get stuck

irumman

May 14, 2011
My bike is Trek 3900 disc and I am riding it for the last one month. I washed it detergent as I rode through mud and now I found sometimes my chain get stuck at rear gear and need extra pressure at pedal to cross that. What may be the problem? Any idea please. I am new with the bike.

nothing to do with the detergent, it might be a minor gear adjustment, take it to the bicycle store so the guys can check it out,

Thats the problem buddy. I am staying in a country where no Trek support store is available and I don't want to take it to the road side store.
So I have to solve it out by myself. Please advice me.

For more information,
I haven't oiled the chain yet. The problem is like when I am pedaling sometimes the Dareillaur tries to go front and then suddenly with a sound it comes back at the position. Besides, right now, the gear is not shifting on time from 3 to 4 or 4 to 5. But others working fine. I am in a fix.

the 3900 series is a MTB ? either take it to the road side store (no need to be an official Trek store) or try to adjust gears yourself, in that case you need a screwdriver and a plier to do that, then work it out by trial and error,

also remember that sometimes you need to modulate the shifting with your thumb, gears do not shift perfectly on the levers equipped on that bike,