Trek 4500 and Avid Juicy 5 Disc Brake

steve_blah

Guest
All,

I'm looking into getting some disc brakes for my bike but I'm not sure
about compatibility. I'm not concerned about the front because the
mount is standard but the back has me a little concerned. Anyone know
about compatibility between a Trek 4500 frame and rear disc brakes?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

"steve_blah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> All,
>
> I'm looking into getting some disc brakes for my bike but I'm not sure
> about compatibility. I'm not concerned about the front because the
> mount is standard but the back has me a little concerned. Anyone know
> about compatibility between a Trek 4500 frame and rear disc brakes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve

First off, why put $$$ brakes on a $ frame? But if you insist,
buy the front ones first since, just as in a car, that's where you
need stopping power.

If you insist on the rear too, you'll need an adapter; check your
LBS.

The Avid BB7 mechs work well for <$ than the Juicy's.