Giant Rincon vs Trek 4500

sfultz10

May 11, 2007
I have been road biking for a bit and am looking to get a mountain bike for some minor trail riding and just cruising around. That being said, I would still like it to be able to handle a decent amount of punishment. The trails would be far from extreme, but they would definately give the bike a workout. The difference in price is pretty substantial so I am wondering if the Rincon would work ok for me as I have heard mixed reviews on them, or should I just shell out for the 4500?

The Trek 4500 is the better bicycle because it has better components, and the price accurately reflects that fact. But you're really comparing apples to oranges. The Trek 4300 is more comparable to the Giant Rincon, as well as closer in price.

I am aware of everything you said, my question was more along the lines of whether the intensity of my rides (or lack thereof) would constitute buying a higher quality bike like the 4500, or if the Rincon would be sufficient.

sfultz10 said:
I am aware of everything you said, my question was more along the lines of whether the intensity of my rides (or lack thereof) would constitute buying a higher quality bike like the 4500, or if the Rincon would be sufficient.
The Rincon should be more than sufficient for light trail use.