Triad NC area

trekryder

Jul 19, 2004
Ok, I went riding with a friend who has been riding for many years. In fact he's an ex-racer. I learned a very valuable lesson. I need someone to ride with that will make me push harder. I can ride pretty well by myself but there's nothing that will make me work more like a riding partner. I don't want someone that is going to try to kill me. I ride with my wife sometimes and I enjoy it but she's more of a leisurely ride kind of person and doesn't really want to go at the hills. When I was riding with my friend, I found that I was pushing through places where I might otherwise stop to catch my breath. Maybe it's ego, not wanting someone else to see me give up. All I know is it worked. And I want more. Unfortunately my friend lives in another state and doesn't make it down often.

About me - I'm 34, 221, 6'. I want to lose some weight and maybe race at some point. I don't expect to be the next champ, I just think it would be fun. I am somewhat out of shape but I'm trying to change that with cycling and changing my eating habits. My friend says I have a lot of power in my legs, I just need to build up the endurance. Currently, I do smoke but I'm working on changing that as well. I don't smoke when I'm out riding. That stays behind with all my other concerns. When I ride I don't think about the everyday problems. I just love what I'm doing.

If anyone around would like to let me try to keep up, drop me a line. I live in the Kernersville - Winston Salem area and there's lots of good riding not far from my house.

Steve

Once school starts and depending on how my school's cycling team goes, if I have no one to ride with, maybe we can meet up?

TrekDedicated said:
Once school starts and depending on how my school's cycling team goes, if I have no one to ride with, maybe we can meet up?
Cycling team, eh? Where do you go to school?

Sounds good. Just try not to kill me... :rolleyes: Drop me a line sometime and maybe we can plan a ride.