Triathlon Transitions

I think definitely transitions should be counted, and in pro mass start races, MUST be counted so
that the first person to cross the finish line is indeed the winner. Imagine battling to catch
someone the last 200 meters, only to find they change shoes slower than you, so you lose.

It's also a great excuse to get some rest between events, which is a big advantage in shorter
events. I know someone who got lost on the bike course and came in 15 minutes late, so he didn't
care about his time and stood around talking with staff for about five minutes, then went out and of
course set his PR for a 5K, probably ANY 5K. There would still be a limit, and everyone would just
stand around and stretch until they reached that
limit.

Just like Grand Prix racing, cyclocross, etc., transitions SHOULD be part of the race. Keeping a
clear head with a high heart rate is a necessary skill. "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...