Tubus Logo Rack

Brian

Guest
Thinking of treating myself to a new rear rack for my bike. Looking at the
Tubus Logo it supposedly has a lot more heel clearance than standard racks -
is this the case? I do have size 13 feet so heel clearance is an issue (which
is why I had to extend my bor heuy rack using a couple of steel brackets)

Any suggestions on other racks with lots of heel clearance? Or should I just
go for the tubus logo.

Only thing the tubus logo doesn't have is a solid middle shelf....

--
Brian

Brian wrote:
> Thinking of treating myself to a new rear rack for my bike. Looking
> at the Tubus Logo it supposedly has a lot more heel clearance than
> standard racks - is this the case? I do have size 13 feet so heel
> clearance is an issue (which is why I had to extend my bor heuy rack
> using a couple of steel brackets)
>
> Any suggestions on other racks with lots of heel clearance? Or should
> I just go for the tubus logo.
>
> Only thing the tubus logo doesn't have is a solid middle shelf....

I went for the Tubus Cosmo as I read somewhere that after attaching panniers
for a while the black paint of the Logo,or whatever covers it ,tends to rub
off and it goes rusty.The Cosmo is stainless steel.

The only ' problem ' with the Cosmo is that it is very narrow compared to
some racks and you are right it does not have a solid top.One advantage I
find though is that it has the pannier bars below the top surface so you can
carry something on the rack and use panniers as well.

This should make it clearer:-
http://www.tubus.net/eng/produkte/hinterradtraeger/cosmo.php

Incidentally I think I am right in thinking that the standard Logo is no
longer available unless someone has some in stock.Tho only Logo on the Tubus
site is the Logo Expedition which looks like the Cosmo only in black.

I can't comment on your Size 13 clearance problem only to say I have no
problem with 101/2 size feet which doesn't really help does it.

Hope this helps,

Sam Salt

Sam Salt wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>> Thinking of treating myself to a new rear rack for my bike. Looking
>> at the Tubus Logo it supposedly has a lot more heel clearance than
>> standard racks - is this the case? I do have size 13 feet so heel
>> clearance is an issue (which is why I had to extend my bor heuy rack
>> using a couple of steel brackets)
>>
>> Any suggestions on other racks with lots of heel clearance? Or should
>> I just go for the tubus logo.
>>
>> Only thing the tubus logo doesn't have is a solid middle shelf....

> I went for the Tubus Cosmo as I read somewhere that after attaching
> panniers for a while the black paint of the Logo,or whatever covers
> it ,tends to rub off and it goes rusty.The Cosmo is stainless steel.
>
> The only ' problem ' with the Cosmo is that it is very narrow
> compared to some racks and you are right it does not have a solid
> top.One advantage I find though is that it has the pannier bars below
> the top surface so you can carry something on the rack and use
> panniers as well.
>
> This should make it clearer:-
> http://www.tubus.net/eng/produkte/hinterradtraeger/cosmo.php
>
> Incidentally I think I am right in thinking that the standard Logo
> is no longer available unless someone has some in stock.Tho only Logo
> on the Tubus site is the Logo Expedition which looks like the Cosmo
> only in black.
>
> I can't comment on your Size 13 clearance problem only to say I have
> no problem with 101/2 size feet which doesn't really help does it.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Sam Salt

Sorry,meant to add that the lower pannier rail enables the panniers to be
set a little farther back which may help with your problem.

Sam Salt