Twisted chain?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dan Cosley, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Dan Cosley

    Dan Cosley Guest

    I was investigating a problem with an MTB shifting itself every few seconds and found that the
    plates for one chain link had been twisted, maybe 15 degrees. Any thoughts on what caused it?

    -- Dan

    --
    Dan Cosley ([email protected] * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/) GroupLens Research
    Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372) *** Just a foot soldier in the Army

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Dan Cosley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was investigating a problem with an MTB shifting itself every few seconds and found that the
    > plates for one chain link had been twisted, maybe 15 degrees. Any thoughts on what caused it?
    >
    > -- Dan

    Hard shifting under power. Bashed a rock when in the big ring. Stick between chain and gears. Small
    animals caught in drivetrain trying to chew their way out.

    Mike - probably no 1 ;^)

  3. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    I had number 3 happen to me in a race while cilimbing out of the saddle and put a 45degree bend in
    my chain :-0 I just managed to unclip before toppling over. Luckily everyone else got round me. I
    still have that piece of chain.

    Stan Cox