Twisted chain?

"Dan Cosley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I was investigating a problem with an MTB shifting itself every few seconds and found that the
> plates for one chain link had been twisted, maybe 15 degrees. Any thoughts on what caused it?
>
> -- Dan

Hard shifting under power. Bashed a rock when in the big ring. Stick between chain and gears. Small
animals caught in drivetrain trying to chew their way out.

Mike - probably no 1 ;^)

I had number 3 happen to me in a race while cilimbing out of the saddle and put a 45degree bend in
my chain :-0 I just managed to unclip before toppling over. Luckily everyone else got round me. I
still have that piece of chain.

Stan Cox