Tyler Farrar

You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.

Velvet

[email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
> hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
>
> Velvet

Are you being sarcastic ? I hope so, otherwise:

-Are you saying Tillman rocks? Maybe, but he still got beat by Tyler (and Gord)

-Pursuit ? It's not like the best TT riders in the US contest the pursuit, again, not to diss
Tillman, but how many NRC level TTs does he win?

-Amit

"J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
> hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
>
> Velvet

Velvet -

If you're gonna get on a team, it's time to start with some basic tongue exercises.

Lesson #1: take a beer bottle (not Mickey's Big Mouth) and pretend like you're doing the alphabet.

On 3/12/03 10:55 PM, in article [email protected], "RimjOBBIE"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
>> hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
>>
>> Velvet
>

> Velvet -
>
> If you're gonna get on a team, it's time to start with some basic tongue exercises.
>
> Lesson #1: take a beer bottle (not Mickey's Big Mouth) and pretend like you're doing the alphabet.
>
> aka Henry ChangBang

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200
lbs and
> > spent a week in the hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF
cry in
> > the Pursuit.
> >
> > Velvet
> >

> Are you being sarcastic ? I hope so, otherwise:
>
> -Are you saying Tillman rocks? Maybe, but he still got beat by Tyler (and Gord)
>
> -Pursuit ? It's not like the best TT riders in the US contest the pursuit, again, not to diss
> Tillman, but how many NRC level TTs does he win?

All that muscle may benefit Tillman more in a pursuit than in a road TT, since it likely contributes
to a high anaerobic capacity - important even in a 4k pursuit, not so relevant in a road TT.

Sbeih hasn't been unable to de-throne Tillman in the pursuit of late (although I gather the track is
not his focus), but won the national TT a few years ago.

Despite Mr. Carney's position above, I think he'd agree that it's good to see young talent like
Farrar come along - isn't this just his first year as a senior, or something?

Andy Coggan

"Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<QV_ba.3379

> All that muscle may benefit Tillman more in a pursuit than in a road TT, since it likely
> contributes to a high anaerobic capacity - important even in a 4k pursuit, not so relevant in a
> road TT.

My point was that Tillman does well in the pursuit partly because it isn't as competitive as
NRC events.

> Despite Mr. Carney's position above, I think he'd agree that it's good to see young talent like
> Farrar come along - isn't this just his first year as a senior, or something?

I don't consider Hollywood Mike's result to be "more impressive" than Farrar's, hospitalization or
not. Of course this is just a sprint, and Farrar can do more than just ride crits.

-Amit