Uh-Oh, we're not at Sea Otter anymore...

Alec Sander

Guest
American domestic racing's 800 lb gorilla tdg GC placings after stage
3:

19 Chris Wherry (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 2.49
37 Justin England (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 3.57
40 Gordon Fraser (Can) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 4.21
50 Scott Moninger (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 4.52
56 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 5.19
64 John Lieswyn (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 5.54
71 Mike Sayers (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 6.33
111 Ivan Dominguez (Cub) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 13.42

All this and the big boys haven't even pulled out their tdf medical
kits yet.

Kinda puts domestic racing in perspective don't it? Let me float this
concept - HN is to euro racing what Subway is to domestic racing.
Agree?

Thanks,

Smart Alec

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale a
few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
10's in the early sprint stages.

Sounds pretty international to me. And, a lot better than Crit Pro's
ever done.

Scott wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
> fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale

> few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
> before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
> year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
> 10's in the early sprint stages.
>
> Sounds pretty international to me.

he's done well in the classics too. wendy's classic and tucson classic
to name a few.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Alec Sander" <[email protected]> wrote:

> American domestic racing's 800 lb gorilla tdg GC placings after stage
> 3:

POINTS JERSEY: Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis

so let me get this straight...a D3 US based team is leading in the
points competition over several ProTour teams. Yeah, they suck.

moron.

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
> fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale a
> few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
> before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
> year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
> 10's in the early sprint stages.
>
> Sounds pretty international to me. And, a lot better than Crit Pro's
> ever done.

Days gone by, what have they done LATELY
Dave

Fake name goes here wrote:
> POINTS JERSEY: Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis
>
> so let me get this straight...a D3 US based team is leading in the
> points competition over several ProTour teams. Yeah, they suck.
>
> moron.

read my post again fake-boy. i'm not saying they suck. i'm saying
they're not at sea otter anymore and it shows. i'm also saying they're
totally outclassed here. and the big boys aren't even in form yet
(aside from BJ).

furthermore, the tdg sprint jersey might mean something if the "several
ProTour team" were actually interested in it - it's being gifted to
them by the big dogs who are actually trying to win stages and/or the
overall. the tdg sprint competition is a consolation prize.

moron.

Fake name goes here wrote:

> POINTS JERSEY: Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis
>
> so let me get this straight...a D3 US based team is leading in the
> points competition over several ProTour teams. Yeah, they suck.
>
> moron.

Alexandre,
Which state is NZL again?

Stewart Fleming wrote:
> Fake name goes here wrote:
>
> > POINTS JERSEY: Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis
> >
> > so let me get this straight...a D3 US based team is leading in the
> > points competition over several ProTour teams. Yeah, they suck.
> >
> > moron.

> Alexandre,
> Which state is NZL again?

funny. now re-read the first line of my original post. i'm being very
specific in my critique. i'm talking the team, not individual riders
(not that it matters because like i said the tdg sprint competition is
a gifted consolation prize).

and stop before anyone of you tell me how well HN is doing in the team
competition - if you don't understand why then you should be following
baseball.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Alec Sander" <[email protected]> wrote:

> read my post again fake-boy. i'm not saying they suck. i'm saying
> they're not at sea otter anymore and it shows. i'm also saying they're
> totally outclassed here. and the big boys aren't even in form yet
> (aside from BJ).

totally outclassed? 2 guys in the lead group of 26 today and they've
got the points jersey. This is against euro protour teams with 10x
their budget. outgunned but certainly not outclassed...

On 4/22/05 9:05 PM, in article
[email protected], "crit pro"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Alec Sander" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> read my post again fake-boy. i'm not saying they suck. i'm saying
>> they're not at sea otter anymore and it shows. i'm also saying they're
>> totally outclassed here. and the big boys aren't even in form yet
>> (aside from BJ).

> totally outclassed? 2 guys in the lead group of 26 today and they've
> got the points jersey. This is against euro protour teams with 10x
> their budget. outgunned but certainly not outclassed...

Yea......
Where the hell was your sorry ass?????? Lantern Rouge??

crit pro wrote:

> totally outclassed?

yep.

> 2 guys in the lead group of 26 today

in mercenery mode, not working for anyone and hanging on for dear life
following wheels not even tasting the wind once - plus, horner's former
sled-dog got popped anyway.

> and they've got the points jersey.

i'll say it again - no one care's about this jersey except for them.
hunter will take it if he's in the mood this weekend.

> This is against euro protour teams with 10x their budget.

maybe disco and csc but not the others. HN is well into 7 figures.

Dave H wrote:
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
> > fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium

Internationale a
> > few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI,

and
> > before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
> > year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of

top
> > 10's in the early sprint stages.
> >
> > Sounds pretty international to me. And, a lot better than Crit

Pro's
> > ever done.

> Days gone by, what have they done LATELY
> Dave

Good question: What have you done lately?

You don't really think Gord can stay at the top of the domestic scene
(sprinter-wise)forever, do you? He's been winning races a very long
time. Not suprising that he's not as dominant as he once was.

Alec Sander <[email protected]> wrote:
> furthermore, the tdg sprint jersey might mean something if the "several
> ProTour team" were actually interested in it - it's being gifted to
> them by the big dogs who are actually trying to win stages and/or the
> overall. the tdg sprint competition is a consolation prize.

There are notes on cyclingnews live coverage from Gord Fraser
that Health Net would help Discovery keep a lid on things
as part of their strategy to protect the sprinter's jersey.
So I went and looked up the sprint competition.

There are two sprints today, the points go 5-3-1. So a max
of 10 points are available. There are the riders within 10
points of the lead:

Sprint classification

1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis 28 pts
2 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 24
3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 21
4 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel 19

I think that gives an idea of how hotly contested the sprint
jersey is.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Alec Sander <[email protected]> wrote:
> > furthermore, the tdg sprint jersey might mean something if the

"several
> > ProTour team" were actually interested in it - it's being gifted to
> > them by the big dogs who are actually trying to win stages and/or

the
> > overall. the tdg sprint competition is a consolation prize.

> There are notes on cyclingnews live coverage from Gord Fraser
> that Health Net would help Discovery keep a lid on things
> as part of their strategy to protect the sprinter's jersey.
> So I went and looked up the sprint competition.
>
> There are two sprints today, the points go 5-3-1. So a max
> of 10 points are available. There are the riders within 10
> points of the lead:
>
> Sprint classification
>
> 1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis 28

pts
> 2 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 24
> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 21
> 4 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel 19
>
> I think that gives an idea of how hotly contested the sprint
> jersey is.
>
> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

bob,
I expect more out of you. The only reason lance, bobby & tom have
points is because they were in breaks up the road and accumulated them
over the course of the days. I think this gives you an idea of how
little anyone cares about the sprint competition besides health net.

"Alec Sander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > Alec Sander <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > furthermore, the tdg sprint jersey might mean something if the

> "several
> > > ProTour team" were actually interested in it - it's being gifted to
> > > them by the big dogs who are actually trying to win stages and/or

> the
> > > overall. the tdg sprint competition is a consolation prize.

> > There are notes on cyclingnews live coverage from Gord Fraser
> > that Health Net would help Discovery keep a lid on things
> > as part of their strategy to protect the sprinter's jersey.
> > So I went and looked up the sprint competition.
> >
> > There are two sprints today, the points go 5-3-1. So a max
> > of 10 points are available. There are the riders within 10
> > points of the lead:
> >
> > Sprint classification
> >
> > 1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis 28

> pts
> > 2 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 24
> > 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 21
> > 4 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel 19
> >
> > I think that gives an idea of how hotly contested the sprint
> > jersey is.
> >
> > Bob Schwartz
> > [email protected]

> bob,
> I expect more out of you. The only reason lance, bobby & tom have
> points is because they were in breaks up the road and accumulated them
> over the course of the days. I think this gives you an idea of how
> little anyone cares about the sprint competition besides health net.

Alec Sand-the-fence,

I expect more out of you. What did you think Bob was trying to say?

Sincerely,
Wax-on/Wax-off

Mark Fennell <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Alec Sander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Bob Schwartz wrote:

>> "several

>> the
>> >
>> > There are notes on cyclingnews live coverage from Gord Fraser
>> > that Health Net would help Discovery keep a lid on things
>> > as part of their strategy to protect the sprinter's jersey.
>> > So I went and looked up the sprint competition.
>> >
>> > There are two sprints today, the points go 5-3-1. So a max
>> > of 10 points are available. There are the riders within 10
>> > points of the lead:
>> >
>> > Sprint classification
>> >
>> > 1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis 28

>> pts
>> > 2 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 24
>> > 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 21
>> > 4 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel 19
>> >
>> > I think that gives an idea of how hotly contested the sprint
>> > jersey is.
>> >
>> > Bob Schwartz
>> > [email protected]

>> bob,
>> I expect more out of you. The only reason lance, bobby & tom have
>> points is because they were in breaks up the road and accumulated them
>> over the course of the days. I think this gives you an idea of how
>> little anyone cares about the sprint competition besides health net.
>>

> Alec Sand-the-fence,

> I expect more out of you. What did you think Bob was trying to say?

> Sincerely,
> Wax-on/Wax-off

That and I think it's kind of silly to talk about protecting the
sprint jersey from those three guys.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]