Used cycling shorts

If I could choose, I prefer not to wear used shorts, but I already had ....

... when I was accepted on my first team, there where no "new" uniforms until next season, so a couple of team mates give me one of they spare sets, used but well treated and conserved ....

... two back to back full cycle laundry ... going into for the first time … grinding teeth … close eyes ... deep bread and go ahead

Second use, no problem at all, they where mine at that time.

Just my 0.2 cents confession

PartisanRanger said:
Bunch of babies here. There's nothing wrong with wearing a well-washed pair of used shorts.
Actually, despite the comments of some posters here, the fact is that there ARE things that hot water and bleach won't kill. Some forms of jock itch for example--if one gets a persistent form of that malady, your doctor will probably require you to not only use an industrial-strength medication, but you will have to wear NEW socks and undies, twice a day, for 2 weeks or a month. Very expensive--no I don't have personal experience but know someone who went through it. And at that time--mid nineties--it was a minor epidemic, according to him and per his doctor. So no, you CAN'T wash everything out in the laundry. Not to overlook the fact that riding shorts probably can't be washed with chlorine bleach or other strong detergents--the chamois and man-made fabrics usually won't tolerate it.

flameburns623 said:
Actually, despite the comments of some posters here, the fact is that there ARE things that hot water and bleach won't kill. Some forms of jock itch for example--if one gets a persistent form of that malady, your doctor will probably require you to not only use an industrial-strength medication, but you will have to wear NEW socks and undies, twice a day, for 2 weeks or a month. Very expensive--no I don't have personal experience but know someone who went through it. And at that time--mid nineties--it was a minor epidemic, according to him and per his doctor. So no, you CAN'T wash everything out in the laundry. Not to overlook the fact that riding shorts probably can't be washed with chlorine bleach or other strong detergents--the chamois and man-made fabrics usually won't tolerate it.
EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I recently bought a pullover shirt from a thrift store. I guess I won't be wearing, or keeping it.

NORECUMYET said:
EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I recently bought a pullover shirt from a thrift store. I guess I won't be wearing, or keeping it.
Can the shirt be bleached in hot water without harming the shirt? Can you wash it in an ammonia-based detergent? I've bought and worn any number of natural-fabric or blended fabric clothing items without problems. I DO have a problem with articles of clothing worn on the feet or directly in-contact with someone else's genitals. Those two areas of the body tend to breed things copiously. I assume this is because those portions of the body stay more, uh :confused: :eek:, humid,:eek:, than other portions o the body. Theoretically socks, shoes, underclothing or items which serve the same function as underclothing or footwear should be able to be cleaned as effectively as any other clothing. But, mindful of my friend's experience, I would have to be pretty doggoned down on my luck to wear such items.