Valverde now 'officially' involved in puerto

Bro Deal said:
Vino will go down, leaving Kloden to win the TdF.

You can't believe Kloeden is clean? Maybe he just gets his juice from a different source.

sjh said:
You can't believe Kloeden is clean? Maybe he just gets his juice from a different source.
Nothing so far has indicated that Kloeden was involved with Fuentes. If nobody connected with OP rides the Tour then Kloeden will be the best GC man left. Who is going to beat him? Leipheimer? Tommy D.? Maybe Evans.

Bro Deal said:
Nothing so far has indicated that Kloeden was involved with Fuentes. If nobody connected with OP rides the Tour then Kloeden will be the best GC man left. Who is going to beat him? Leipheimer? Tommy D.? Maybe Evans.

I agree that there has been nothing indicating his involvement in puerto but I just get the impression that he's one of the worst around - good form this season though - agreed.

Bro Deal said:
Don't forget Sastre.

Interesting to see that Valverde's blood seems to contain EPO. Is double doping worse than single?

sjh said:
Interesting to see that Valverde's blood seems to contain EPO. Is double doping worse than single?

To be honest I've read over the report and there's not a lot in it.... well nothing really new since the last report on Valv/Piti....... although in saying that I still had faint hopes that both Ullrich & Basso were not involved but they missed place my trust through their lying. John 3:16.

sjh said:
I wonder if there was enough EPO to cause a positive during urine testing. This could be a sign of how sloppy Fuentes was. Was it too difficult to tell riders not to take any junk for a week before blood extraction? Maybe it also explains how Heras got popped.

Doesn't this just show how bad this whole affair has been handled. There seems to be as much evidence against Valverde as Ullrich or Basso, yet Valverde has been "riding" out of the media fray. There is evidence, but each national body is treating it quite differently. The only fair way to continue would seem to be a required DNA sample from every rider at this point.

Are we going to see the Giro and the TDF winner stripped of their crowns after the fact this year?

davidbod said:
Doesn't this just show how bad this whole affair has been handled. There seems to be as much evidence against Valverde as Ullrich or Basso, yet Valverde has been "riding" out of the media fray. There is evidence, but each national body is treating it quite differently. The only fair way to continue would seem to be a required DNA sample from every rider at this point.

Are we going to see the Giro and the TDF winner stripped of their crowns after the fact this year?
The first media release (May 2006) of the GC said: "Valverde is not involved". Interesting was that nobody asked if Valverde was involved or not. So why did they did this... They could have said Landis is not involved or King Juan carlos is not involved...

Bro Deal said:
Ah, good point. Sastre vs. Kloden. That could be a good contest.

Although Hincapie has been hiding away in the US.... if he blows the field apart we will all smell a rat....

whiteboytrash said:
Although Hincapie has been hiding away in the US.... if he blows the field apart we will all smell a rat....
No not Georgie, not Georgie. Don't say that, please don't!

How about Dekker against Nibali?

musette said:
Leipheimer could win it :cool:
Sorry, expect to see Disco cutting back on the dope and performing about like they did last year. The team will have to rely on Tommy D.'s coffee instead of Ferrari's gear.

What about Cadel Evans - or does he happen to have a winter base in Spain too?

Denia said:
What about Cadel Evans - or does he happen to have a winter base in Spain too?
Italy.... you only need to look at him riding and see his weak point to know he's not on th gear..... he lacks finishing..... rides well until 30km to go and then fades... thats when EPO kicks in...