Velocity Spartacus? Mavic Cosmic Elites? Experiances?

armchair_spacem

Oct 19, 2003
Anyone out there riding Velocity Spartacus wheels or Mavic Cosmic elites? Like em? Don't like 'em? Looking for a strong aero-ish wheelset for cruising the flats and rollers in a windy locale, amd LBS is pointing me to these two. Spartacus are very low cost, but are the hubs ("Formula" with sealed cartridges I believe) up to snuff? Cosmic elites offer the hubs but i believe build quality has been an issue (?). I'd welcome views from riders of either...

hey mate i would go towards a pair of wheel made by dirt works.
they are 24 spokes rear and 16 front.
they wight in at 1380grams a pair they retail for $999.
u can pick them up for around $800 if u look around.
the only problem is u need to be 75kg or lighter to ride them.

i use a set for myself for racing and they are a very good set of wheels at a very good price.

Originally posted by 6.74
hey mate i would go towards a pair of wheel made by dirt works.
they are 24 spokes rear and 16 front.
they wight in at 1380grams a pair they retail for $999.
u can pick them up for around $800 if u look around.
the only problem is u need to be 75kg or lighter to ride them.

i use a set for myself for racing and they are a very good set of wheels at a very good price.

Thanks, you mean the ones from wheelcraft?- a tad light for me (over 100kg)

i run a bike shop and race so i would point u towards the ones that wheelcraft build. not the model im talkingabout cause ur to heavy but some of the other ones that weight in at around 1440 to 1600 grams a pair and they have no weight limit on them. if u want i can go get the stats for u i have them here with me. u pay way to much for importat wheel and the velocity r a good wheel but u can a little more and get a wheel that is better then ur importated stuff and ur mavic.