Veterans Only Reply To Rude Drivers

Wolverbob

Guest
For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto idiots screaming "get off
the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance, hit them with "I served my county for _ years
in the U.S. Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the right to
ride my bicycle on the road. Are you against veterans?"

My experience that some of the auto idiots have flags pasted all over their trucks/SUVs, but
probably never served a day in the military but support wars in the middle east so they can have
cheap gas.

Bob Krzewinski U.S. Navy 1973-77

[email protected] (Wolverbob) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto idiots screaming "get off
> the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance, hit them with "I served my county for _
> years in the U.S. Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the
> right to ride my bicycle on the road. Are you against veterans?"
>
> My experience that some of the auto idiots have flags pasted all over their trucks/SUVs, but
> probably never served a day in the military but support wars in the middle east so they can have
> cheap gas.
>
> Bob Krzewinski U.S. Navy 1973-77

But, I'd be lying.?

> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto idiots screaming "get off
> the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance, hit them with "I served my county for _
> years in the U.S. Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the
> right to ride my bicycle on the road. Are you against veterans?"
Hi Bob, with all due respect, that's kind of a long wind-ed reply. If you force yourself to ignore
them or wave and smile, you will be less affected by them...good luck, Mark C. "veteran" of many
commuting miles, on roads filled with clueless,rude and mean spirited rednecks.

Wolverbob wrote:
> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto idiots screaming "get off
> the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance, hit them with "I served my county for _
> years in the U.S. Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the
> right to ride my bicycle on the road. Are you against veterans?"

((((((((((((((DEAFENING APPLAUSE))))))))))))))))

If that doesn't shut them up, nothing will. ROTFL

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. -
Mother Teresa

Personally I don't get near as many harassments since I went 'bent.

Back when I did, if I was in a bad mood, I would occasionally flip them off, then swerve off and
stop with a "C'mon - you want a piece of me?" gesture - in the hope that they would return for me to
humiliate them about how the road they felt so singularly entitled to was paid for by my property
taxes - not their gas taxes, and the oil in their car was defended by me every year in Turkey,
Kuwait, Iraq, etc. My finishing line would be my top two risks of dying were flying to defend the
oil in their tank (and in the asphalt we were standing on) or getting killed on it by self-righteous
ignoramuses like them.

Unfortunately, none of them ever took me up on the offer.

The best ones were when the road was real congested, and I would catch them at every stoplight, and
say: "who is waiting for who?". They certainly don't feel guilty for us having to wait for them at
every stoplight.

Cagers, sheeze!

"Wolverbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto
idiots
> screaming "get off the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance,
hit
> them with "I served my county for _ years in the U.S.
Army/Navy/Marines/Air
> Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the right to ride my
bicycle
> on the road. Are you against veterans?"
>
> My experience that some of the auto idiots have flags pasted all over
their
> trucks/SUVs, but probably never served a day in the military but support
wars
> in the middle east so they can have cheap gas.
>
> Bob Krzewinski U.S. Navy 1973-77

[email protected] (Wolverbob) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto idiots screaming "get off
> the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance, hit them with "I served my county for _
> years in the U.S. Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the
> right to ride my bicycle on the road. Are you against veterans?"
>
> My experience that some of the auto idiots have flags pasted all over their trucks/SUVs, but
> probably never served a day in the military but support wars in the middle east so they can have
> cheap gas.
>
> Bob Krzewinski U.S. Navy 1973-77

We are having a war in the Middle East (Iraq and Afghanistan)) because that is the epicenter of the
terrorism threat. We pay for their oil on the world market like every other nation and will no doubt
continue to do so forever until it eventually runs out. I am a Navy veteran too, but the Middle East
needs a good cleaning out for reasons that have nothing to do with oil except incidentally. I also
believe it is not necessary to ever have served a day in the armed forces of the US in order to
think rationally about global strategic interests, whether related to economic resources (oil) or
national defense issues (terrorists).

By the way, I do not believe there is anything "cheap" about the price that we pay for our gas. We
do not tax it like the Europeans do so that it is relatively less costly than what they pay for it.
But that is their business. If they want to tax everyone an arm and a leg for gas I say let them,
but that is no reason we should go and do likewise. We live in a big country and we need to have
reasonably priced gas to get around. You aren't Green are you? Frankly, I prefer Navy Blue.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> We are having a war in the Middle East (Iraq and Afghanistan)) because that is the epicenter of
> the terrorism threat. We pay for their oil on the world market like every other nation and will no
> doubt continue to do so forever until it eventually runs out. I am a Navy veteran too, but the
> Middle East needs a good cleaning out for reasons that have nothing to do with oil except
> incidentally....

Yes, the menace of the dromedary camel must be dealt with using the utmost resolve!

Tom Sherman -Earth

i'm italian, i'm very proud to be italian, and i will say many, many words about dolan's post, but i
think this isn't the right place... we're talking about bent, arent' we? just a word: here the gas
costs a lot, so cars have a less consumption and pollute less, really a lot less than a average
u.s.a. car... it's so bad? matteo italia

> Edward Dolan wrote:
> >
> > We are having a war in the Middle East (Iraq and Afghanistan)) because that is the epicenter of
> > the terrorism threat. We pay for their oil on the world market like every other nation and will
> > no doubt continue to do so forever until it eventually runs out. I am a Navy veteran too, but
> > the Middle East needs a good cleaning out for reasons that have nothing to do with oil except
> > incidentally....
>
> Yes, the menace of the dromedary camel must be dealt with using the utmost resolve!
>
> Tom Sherman - Earth

This is my first posting ever using my Outlook Express newsreader, so if I mess it up it won't
matter much since I am obviously responding to Mr. Sherman in one of his idiot phases.

Mr. Sherman and all those 9 dwarfs who are runnning for the Dem nomination continue to believe that
there was no connection between Saddam's Iraq and
9/11. Let us all hope and pray that Dean will win the nomination as then the American people will
be presented with a clear choice about which direction this country ought to take. I am
predicting another McGovern fiasco for the Dems if Dean is their man, but I could be wrong.
Mr. Sherman would take risks with the security of this country in order to advance his
liberal agenda. We shall find out soon enough if that is what the American people want come
Nov., 2004.

Mr. Sherman was worried not so long ago that the US entry into a war with Iraq was going to be a
disaster with tens of thousands, no, make that hundreds of thousands, of casualties on both
sides. Instead, it was a cake walk (as I predicted it would be). So now he wants to trivialize
our being there by talking about a camel. Unfortunately for him, I have the memory of an
elephant and remember what his positions were and are on the Iraqi War. When the war has been
successfully concluded and Iraq is a more or less free and democratic nation, he and the other
liberals will look like the fools that they are. He should confine his thinking to the
problems the world is having with the ozone layer and leave the real politik problems of the
world to us adults.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 01:22:43 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mr. Sherman and all those 9 dwarfs who are runnning for the Dem nomination continue to believe that
> there was no connection between Saddam's Iraq and
>9/11.

OK. Let's accept that 9/11 was all Osama, acting alone.

Why did he mount a terrorist campaign against the US? Well, if we listen to his own words, it
was because of the presence of our troops ("infidels" in his lexicon) on the holy soil of Islam.
Fair enough.

Why were our troops in the god-forsaken sand wastes of Arabia?

To "contain" saddam hussein. Remember whose strategy it was to "contain" saddam instead of to invade
and change Iraq's regime?

So there is a connection not only between saddam's Iraq and 9/11 but between the "peace at any
price" containment strategists and 9/11.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> Mr. Sherman and all those 9 dwarfs who are runnning for the Dem nomination continue to believe
> that there was no connection between Saddam's Iraq and
> 9/11....

I have seen no connection between Saddam Hussein, Iraq and the US backed fascist military coup that
brought Pinochet to power in Chile on September 11, 1973.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"Let me make a generalized statement about a trend I see in the U.S. Congress that I find
disturbing, that applies not only with respect to the Iranian situation but a number of others as
well. I think we Americans sometimes make mistakes...There seems to be an assumption that somehow we
know what's best for everybody else and that we are going to use our economic clout to get everybody
else to live the way we would like." - **** Cheney, March 1996

Zippy the Pinhead wrote:

> OK. Let's accept that 9/11 was all Osama, acting alone....

Yup, Osama bin Laden projected himself as 19 highjackers.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th" - President
G. W. Bush

Right on! Given that the news group is about 'bents - a better topic would be why should the US
subsidize driving so much? Gas costs so much in Italy because Italians don't think property, sales,
or income taxes should build roads, control road runoff, pay traffic cops and crossing guards,
defend oil, etc.

This reminds me of a joke: If trilingual means you speak three languages, and bilingual means you
speak two - what are you called if you speak only one language?

American

By the way, I spent a day in Sicily on the way home from Iraq. I loved it. Lots of scooters and
pedestrians. No suburbs. It was odd, the few villas I saw outside of town were falling apart. The
only way I would improve it is 4 cycle or electric scooters and fewer cars.

I had just spent three months watching a fractious country tear itself apart. It was obvious this
wasn't new, because all Iraq's government buildings had bulletproof glass - evidence of decades of
violence. After wearing guns and body armor everywhere, I sat in an open corner cafe. After keeping
my head on a swivel to avoid getting wasted I was doing it to see all the attractive and stylish
women. And I was spending money that different countries were sharing!

Ed Dolan will have to live a long, long time to get the last laugh about a democratic Iraq (which
our invasion may have forestalled - as reverse
psychology seems to work best in the Middle East). Heck, it took us nearly 100 years and a
horrendous civil war.

"tzenobite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:011120030946408705%[email protected]...
> i'm italian, i'm very proud to be italian, and i will say many, many words about dolan's post, but
> i think this isn't the right place... we're talking about bent, arent' we? just a word: here the
> gas costs a lot, so cars have a less consumption and pollute less, really a lot less than a
> average u.s.a. car... it's so bad? matteo italia

"Wolverbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For those of you who are veterans out there, if you encounter some auto
idiots
> screaming "get off the road", try this. If you are in shouting distance,
hit
> them with "I served my county for _ years in the U.S.
Army/Navy/Marines/Air
> Force/Coast Guard, and you are saying I don't have the right to ride my
bicycle
> on the road. Are you against veterans?"
>
> My experience that some of the auto idiots have flags pasted all over
their
> trucks/SUVs, but probably never served a day in the military but support
wars
> in the middle east so they can have cheap gas.
>
> Bob Krzewinski U.S. Navy 1973-77

From what I've seen I seriously doubt they'd hear much past the first 2 or 3 words in that
statement, for the rest of it they'd be 1/2 a mile down the road

tzenobite <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<011120030946408705%[email protected]>...

> i'm italian, i'm very proud to be italian, and i will say many, many words about dolan's post, but
> i think this isn't the right place... we're talking about bent, arent' we?

> just a word: here the gas costs a lot, so cars have a less consumption and pollute less, really a
> lot less than a average u.s.a. car... it's so bad?

> matteo italia

I wouldn't mind being Italian myself as it is my favorite country in Europe for touring. Ah, Roma,
Venezia, Napoli! Any American who doesn't love Italia has got to have rocks in his head.

Nevertheless, this subject thread is all about the American involvement in the Middle East
ostensibly for the purpose of securing oil for the West. We Americans, unlike the Europeans, will
kill and die for oil because it is essential to our life style. Still, that is not what our
involvement in the Middle East is about. We are there because of the threat of terrorism emanating
from that region and from the rogue states that harbor and support the terrorists. Unless and until
you understand this, you will never know what is going on in the Middle East. To think that we are
there for the oil is absurd. Only idiots and liberal ideologues like Mr. Sherman think that.

The Italians and all the other Europeans ought to be there with us fighting the good fight, but the
Europeans have abdicated their world role ever since the conclusion of WW II. And so it falls to the
US, the sole remaining super power in the world, to defend the West from it's enemies. It wouldn't
kill you to be a bit grateful every now and then for what we are doing for you and all the other
Europeans. However, if you want to act like ungrateful children, then that is how we will treat you.
To want to enjoy the good life and yet not pay the price is despicable.

The entire world is on it's way to becoming part of the West. World culture will soon be Western
culture. Only the Moslem World is backward and medieval. They will have to be dragged kicking and
screaming into the Western World. Iraq may well be the beginning of that process. It is too bad that
liberals can't see this. They are dumb and blind to what is occurring in the world.

The absolute worst catastrophe that I can imagine is that the liberals would come to power here in
the US and that we would then withdraw from Iraq and the Middle East with our tails between our
legs. But that will not happen because the American people are not that stupid. You Europeans can
afford to be stupid because you do not have the responsibility for world affairs.

The American involvement in the Middle East is our finest hour. Our victory over Iraq was a God send
and just in the nick of time. Bush II will go down in history, provided he stays the course, as one
of our greatest Presidents bar none. His leadership marks a sea change in American foreign policy.
Bush II and the neoconservatives have saved America and the entire Western world from it's own
nearsighted foolishness.

The liberals are on their way to becoming defunct and extinct and altogether irrelevant. And it will
be good riddance to them too. They have behaved like the treasonous bastards that they are. There
are still a a few good conservative Dems left in the country (Zell Miller of Georgia) but what now
passes for liberalism is an abomination and an insult to the intelligence.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > Mr. Sherman and all those 9 dwarfs who are runnning for the Dem nomination continue to believe
> > that there was no connection between Saddam's Iraq and
> > 9/11....
>
> I have seen no connection between Saddam Hussein, Iraq and the US backed fascist military coup
> that brought Pinochet to power in Chile on September 11, 1973.

It is because you do not see connections where connections are apparent to everyone else that you
are not fit to comment on the Iraqi War. Your attempt to trivialize the situation are absurd and not
worthy of you. I have told you repeatedly not to attempt humor. That is not your strong suit. Stick
to being ponderous and phlegmatic. That is what you do best.

> "Let me make a generalized statement about a trend I see in the U.S. Congress that I find
> disturbing, that applies not only with respect to the Iranian situation but a number of others as
> well. I think we Americans sometimes make mistakes...There seems to be an assumption that somehow
> we know what's best for everybody else and that we are going to use our economic clout to get
> everybody else to live the way we would like." - **** Cheney, March 1996

Vice President Cheney is one of the smartest individuals that this country is blessed with. I would
pay attention to anything he has to say about anything. Nevertheless, it is Bush who is the
President and who is calling the shots. Try to get over your atavistic hatred of Bush. It is causing
you not be able to think straight on anything connected with the foreign policy of this country.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ... The American involvement in the Middle East is our finest hour. Our victory over Iraq was a
> God send and just in the nick of time. Bush II will go down in history, provided he stays the
> course, as one of our greatest Presidents bar none. His leadership marks a sea change in American
> foreign policy. Bush II and the neoconservatives have saved America and the entire Western world
> from it's own nearsighted foolishness....

ROTFLMAO!

Keep it up Mr. Dolan, you are as ridiculously funny as Fabrizio Mazzoleni is.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

"Robert Haston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Right on! Given that the news group is about 'bents - a better topic would be why should the US
> subsidize driving so much? Gas costs so much in Italy because Italians don't think property,
> sales, or income taxes should build roads, control road runoff, pay traffic cops and crossing
> guards, defend oil, etc.

We Americans have chosen to subsidize driving because we live in a very big country and yet we want
to be able to get around in it as though it were a small country like Italy. What the heck
difference does it make what we choose to subsidize as long as the vast majority of people are in
favor of it.

> This reminds me of a joke: If trilingual means you speak three languages, and bilingual means you
> speak two - what are you called if you speak only one language?

I would guess monolingual, but who knows what the hell you are talking about?

The Europeans have to able to speak several languages because every time you go a few hundred miles
you will find yourself in a different country with a different language. A real no brainer if you
ask me. America is as great as it is because we are United (States of America). Europe has been
plagued by a thousand years of history which accounts for their predicament. We in the US have been
spared that history.

> By the way, I spent a day in Sicily on the way home from Iraq. I loved it. Lots of scooters and
> pedestrians. No suburbs. It was odd, the few villas I saw outside of town were falling apart. The
> only way I would improve it is 4 cycle or electric scooters and fewer cars.
>
> I had just spent three months watching a fractious country tear itself apart. It was obvious this
> wasn't new, because all Iraq's government buildings had bulletproof glass - evidence of decades of
> violence. After wearing guns and body armor everywhere, I sat in an open corner cafe. After
> keeping my head on a swivel to avoid getting wasted I was doing it to see all the attractive and
> stylish women. And I was spending money that different countries were sharing!
>
> Ed Dolan will have to live a long, long time to get the last laugh about a democratic Iraq (which
> our invasion may have forestalled - as reverse
> psychology seems to work best in the Middle East). Heck, it took us nearly 100 years and a
> horrendous civil war.

The rest of the world does not need hundreds of years to accomplish what it took the West to
accomplish. After all, they have our example to spur them on. What you saw when you were in Iraq was
the devastation caused by a dictator who cared not a whit for his country or his countrymen. But you
hate America and do not believe that we can accomplish anything in that part of the world.

I believe that the Iraqi people are as capable of democracy as we are and that it was mainly their
abominable religion (Islam) and of course the dictator and tyrant Saddam Hussein that was holding
them back. Now that they are rid of the tyrant and once they have become properly secularized (which
Iraq already is to a large extent), they will be on their way to a Western style society. Since Iraq
is a very important country in the Middle East, this could change the entire complexion in that part
of the world. I would like to see Saudi Arabia and Egypt follow suit in short order. Syria and Iran
will continue to be problems for the West. They are part and parcel of the War on Terrorism.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>Edward Dolan wrote:

>>>Mr. Sherman and all those 9 dwarfs who are runnning for the Dem nomination continue to believe
>>> that there was no connection between Saddam's Iraq and
>>>9/11....
>>
>>I have seen no connection between Saddam Hussein, Iraq and the US backed fascist military coup
>>that brought Pinochet to power in Chile on September 11, 1973.
>

> It is because you do not see connections where connections are apparent to everyone else that you
> are not fit to comment on the Iraqi War. Your attempt to trivialize the situation are absurd and
> not worthy of you. I have told you repeatedly not to attempt humor. That is not your strong suit.
> Stick to being ponderous and phlegmatic. That is what you do best.
>

>>"Let me make a generalized statement about a trend I see in the U.S. Congress that I find
>>disturbing, that applies not only with respect to the Iranian situation but a number of others as
>>well. I think we Americans sometimes make mistakes...There seems to be an assumption that somehow
>>we know what's best for everybody else and that we are going to use our economic clout to get
>>everybody else to live the way we would like." - **** Cheney, March 1996
>

> Vice President Cheney is one of the smartest individuals that this country is blessed with. I
> would pay attention to anything he has to say about anything. Nevertheless, it is Bush who is the
> President and who is calling the shots. Try to get over your atavistic hatred of Bush. It is
> causing you not be able to think straight on anything connected with the foreign policy of this
> country.
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th" President
G. W. Bush

Is he just not smart enough to see the connections that you see?

Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

A prayer for our times: "…In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive Taliban
regime - We are thankful that OUR leader isn't the spoiled son of a powerful politician from a
wealthy oil family who is supported by religious fundamentalists, operates through clandestine
organizations, has no resect for the democratic electoral process, bombs innocents, and uses war to
deny people their civil liberties. Amen." Aaron McGruder, Boondocks comic strip

Edward Dolan wrote:

> It is because you do not see connections where connections are apparent to everyone else that you
> are not fit to comment on the Iraqi War. Your attempt to trivialize the situation are absurd and
> not worthy of you. I have told you repeatedly not to attempt humor....

I am being absurd on purpose. Mr. Dolan is being absurd unintentionally.

> Vice President Cheney is one of the smartest individuals that this country is blessed with. I
> would pay attention to anything he has to say about anything. Nevertheless, it is Bush who is the
> President and who is calling the shots....

And "President" Bush contradicts you, "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with
September the 11th" - President G. W. Bush

Tom Sherman - Surrounded by 6 Billion Mixed Nuts