Vino - annoying energizer bunny or what?

Vinokourov was one of the most exciting figures in this race, and I thought
he rode with great courage and agression. He seemed to be riding on his
own, rather than as a team member at times. He is a privateer, and should
lead a squad. Perhaps he could lead one of the sleepy French squads to a
renaissance. I admire Armstrong for what he's done, but this year I found
the riding of some other riders, like Vinokourov, to be most inspiring. He
makes for great drama in a bike race.

So, I'd be on the "what" side. In this case "what" is big heart, big risks,
big efforts and big results. He rocks.

Recovering from the Downieville XC race,

Morgan
--
Morgan Fletcher, [email protected] Oakland, CA, USA

Tony (remove) wrote:
> I admired him more when he made the podium riding for GC in '03. True he
> bagged a couple of stages this year, but guys like him and Oscar Pereiro who
> really don't seem to support their leading GC guy just appear to me as
> selfish idiots. That and his ugly-ass baby-blue t-mobile/kazak uniform made
> me hate the guy this year when in the past I've admired him. He'll be a team
> leader next year, but I hope discovery passes him over, which it appears
> they will.
>
> -Tony

Phil/Paul said he out-and-out said that he wanted to be on a team where
he could be the leader; that kind of lets out Discovery, I think....and
the French-sponsored teams are probably too proud to have a
non-Frenchman as captain.

N.

Tony (remove) wrote:
> I admired him more when he made the podium riding for GC in '03. True he
> bagged a couple of stages this year, but guys like him and Oscar Pereiro who
> really don't seem to support their leading GC guy just appear to me as
> selfish idiots. That and his ugly-ass baby-blue t-mobile/kazak uniform made
> me hate the guy this year when in the past I've admired him. He'll be a team
> leader next year, but I hope discovery passes him over, which it appears
> they will.
>
> -Tony

Phil/Paul said he out-and-out said that he wanted to be on a team where
he could be the leader; that kind of lets out Discovery, I think....and
the French-sponsored teams are probably too proud to have a
non-Frenchman as captain.

N.

On 25 Jul 2005 11:06:16 -0700, "nancy1" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tony (remove) wrote:
>> I admired him more when he made the podium riding for GC in '03. True he
>> bagged a couple of stages this year, but guys like him and Oscar Pereiro who
>> really don't seem to support their leading GC guy just appear to me as
>> selfish idiots. That and his ugly-ass baby-blue t-mobile/kazak uniform made
>> me hate the guy this year when in the past I've admired him. He'll be a team
>> leader next year, but I hope discovery passes him over, which it appears
>> they will.
>>
>> -Tony

>Phil/Paul said he out-and-out said that he wanted to be on a team where
>he could be the leader; that kind of lets out Discovery, I think....and
>the French-sponsored teams are probably too proud to have a
>non-Frenchman as captain.

Was I the only person here to notice that when Armstrong was waiting
to get on the podium, he had a chat with Ullrich, and then Vino? When
he was talking to Vino, Vino made a gesture swept across Lance's
Discovery sweater's logo and then acted as if to put it upon his own.

I think Vinokoruv still really wants to ride for Discovery.

--
Robb McLeod ([email protected])
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.

Robb McLeod wrote:
> Was I the only person here to notice that when Armstrong was waiting
> to get on the podium, he had a chat with Ullrich, and then Vino? When
> he was talking to Vino, Vino made a gesture swept across Lance's
> Discovery sweater's logo and then acted as if to put it upon his own.
>
> I think Vinokoruv still really wants to ride for Discovery.

That may be so, but I doubt it could happen in a way he wants. He
obviously wants to be the utmost center of attention, tactics or not.

-eric