vintage bike pics!

two wheels

Jul 16, 2009
Would love to see some pics of your vintage steel frame rides!

Here is my wife with her '85 Trek 400

I thaught there would be some steel frame lovers out there! Don't tell me all ya'll are some weight weenies!!lol!!

531aussie, Thank you my friend...absolutely beautiful!!! Wow, that is unbeleivable....beautiful bikes!!!!!

Here's one of my steel vintage rides..
merckx14p.jpg

two wheels said:

1992 Van Tuyl Full Campy Record. Dutch. I'm thinking it looks a heck of a lot like your Merckx, Stelvio 1925. This is a great ride and compliments my steel Co-Motion.

two wheels said:

OK, here it is again--the 1980 Rancho Santa Fe Masi that I found on a street corner under a sign that said "Free Bikes" (it came with an aluminum-framed Univega). It did need a little TLC.

Very cool bikes!

I was curious....how old does a bike need to be before it is officially considered a "vintage bike"?

My "7-Eleven" Eddy Merckx Corsa with 8-sp Dura-Ace. Purchased new in '89 and upgraded/replaced various bits over the years. In retrospect, I think I should've kept it original....

531Aussie said:
Here ya go. Prepare to lose half a day looking at this guy's bikes :)

Ray Dobbins Bike Photo Gallery (scroll down a bit)

I finally had a chance to go through Ray Dobbin's photo gallery. WOW!! Absolutely beautiful works of art. With carbon everything these days, we sometimes forget how masterful the old school steel framesets and finishes are.

Thanks for posting the link.

Here's my Eaton's RoadKing.
Not sure how hold it is, but I'm pretty sure it falls under the vintage label.
As I understand it this bike is worthless, but I love it to death and it rides like a dream.

Dazed42 said:
Here's my Eaton's RoadKing.
Not sure how hold it is, but I'm pretty sure it falls under the vintage label.
As I understand it this bike is worthless, but I love it to death and it rides like a dream.
No bike is worthless if it is ridden! The only worthless bikes are the ones that remain hidden in someone's basement or garage for years on end.