Vivo w/ Pantour Front Hub?

Dennis Pedrick

Guest
I'm considering changing out the Ballistic front fork on my 2000 Vivo with a regular (V-rex?) fork
and a 1" travel Pantour hub.

Any pros or cons to this?

Regards -- Dennis

Dennis, It will work fine. I have modified a few Vivo's to rigid fronts and one to a Pantour. If I
was to be riding or commuting in an urban area with bad roads
ie. potholes and constant road work I would elect to ride a Vivo with stock dual suspension. A Vivo
used for good to excellent roads can be of the rigid or Pantour variety. If you plan on trail
riding I would not recommend the Pantour...for obvious reasons. Any RANS dealer should be able
to provide you with a rigid fork. I get them from RANS in black to match the Vivo rear triangle.
Your riding style, type of riding ie. racing, competitive club, TT, touring, recreational...
most prevelant riding conditions ie. terrain and surface, combined with any physical impairments
ie. tender back etc. IMO are the considerations when choosing or modifying a bent or any bike
for that matter.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Dennis Pedrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm considering changing out the Ballistic front fork on my 2000 Vivo with a regular (V-rex?) fork
> and a 1" travel Pantour hub.
>
> Any pros or cons to this?
>
> Regards -- Dennis

Dennis: I only see two cons. One, more $; two, less travel, which is only a negative if you ride
really rough terrain. On the plus side, you'd lose a pound or so.

Scott

[email protected] (Dennis Pedrick) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm considering changing out the Ballistic front fork on my 2000 Vivo with a regular (V-rex?) fork
> and a 1" travel Pantour hub.
>
> Any pros or cons to this?
>
> Regards -- Dennis

1) I'm riding primarily paved trails and decent roads.

2) I'm considering doing some distance touring, and losing two lbs means I can carry a more
stuff :)>)...

3) This upgrade will probably be less expensive than selling the Vivo and buying something else.
I've considered getting a LWB for touring (got to keep up with Marci!), but I've about convinced
myself the Vivo will work about as well, especially on long uphill stretches.

Regards -- DP

hi jude,

have much appreciated your advice on the newgroup, and am very interested in how you think a vivo
would do singletrack and mountain biking paths. not looking to do technical riding, but am hoping to
find longer car free paths, along the lines of the c and o canal, for long distance touring. i
commute on a vivo set up with stock suspension. thanks a lot for your advice, jeff baron