Waddell versus Heras

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ep, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ep

    Ep Guest

    If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to go and a
    fist fight broke out with Jason wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto
    wearing lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon cleats on a 15% grade during a rain
    storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he purchased at
    the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?

    Tags:

  2. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to go and a
    fist fight broke out with Jason
    > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing lighter Nike cycling
    shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is taking
    a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he purchased at
    the Vitamin Cottage, who would
    > win?

    Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave

  3. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "EP" <.com...
    > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with
    40 kilometers to go and a fist fight broke out with Jason
    > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing
    lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in
    mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated
    vitamins that he purchased at the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?

    Jason is twice the size of Heras.

  4. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to
    > > go and a
    > fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing lighter Nike cycling
    > shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is
    > > taking
    > a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he
    > > purchased at
    > the Vitamin Cottage, who would
    > > win?
    >

    > Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave

    Sprinters are so clever.

  5. Tony Szurly

    Tony Szurly Guest

    Dave Hansen wrote:

    > "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to
    > > go and a
    > fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing lighter Nike cycling
    > shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is
    > > taking
    > a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he
    > > purchased at
    > the Vitamin Cottage, who would
    > > win?
    >
    > Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave

    Heras, Jason wouldn't be anywhere near Roberto on a 15% grade

  6. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Ken Papai wrote:

    > "EP" <.com...
    > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with
    > 40 kilometers to go and a fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing
    > lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in
    > mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated
    > vitamins that he purchased at the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?
    >
    > Jason is twice the size of Heras.

    Could you post the URL for the side-by-side photo, please.

    ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

    Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
    musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "EP" <.com...
    > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with
    > 40 kilometers to go and a fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing
    > lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in
    > mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated
    > vitamins that he purchased at the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?
    >
    > Jason is twice the size of Heras.

    So is Connelly.

  8. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Tony Szurly <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dave Hansen wrote:
    >>
    >> Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave

    > Heras, Jason wouldn't be anywhere near Roberto on a 15% grade

    TV wins because that would be such a bizarre clip that we'd get to see it over and over. Sort
    of like when Theismann had his leg broken and we got to see it 500 times from every angle in
    slow motion.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  9. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Tony Szurly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Dave Hansen wrote:
    > >
    > > "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to go
    and a
    > > fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto wearing lighter Nike cycling
    > > shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is
    taking
    > > a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he purchased
    at
    > > the Vitamin Cottage, who would
    > > > win?
    > >
    > > Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave
    >

    > Heras, Jason wouldn't be anywhere near Roberto on a 15% grade

    First off Heras would have to enter a Belgium race in Aptil. I looked at last years Belgium races
    (in Aptil) and he wasn't entered in any of them. Jason on the other hand I could see racing in the
    bad weather of Belgium in April Dave

  10. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca...
    > On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Ken Papai wrote:
    >
    > > "EP" <.com...
    > > > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes
    with
    > > 40 kilometers to go and a fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > > wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto
    wearing
    > > lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > > > cleats on a 15% grade during a rain storm somewhere in Belgium in
    > > mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > > > approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated
    > > vitamins that he purchased at the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?
    > >
    > > Jason is twice the size of Heras.
    > >
    > Could you post the URL for the side-by-side photo, please.

    You know it's true Kyle, Jason's a "thick" sprinter type, in superb shape; and Heras is a thin,
    skinny mountain goat.

  11. Canuck

    Canuck Guest

    "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:CD%[email protected]...

    > "Tony Szurly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Dave Hansen wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > and a
    > > > fist fight broke out with Jason
    > > > shoes with carbon soles and carbon
    > taking
    > > > a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    > at
    > > > the Vitamin Cottage, who would
    > > >
    > > > Jason, Heras wouldn't be anywhere near Belgium on a rainy April day. Dave
    > >

    > > Heras, Jason wouldn't be anywhere near Roberto on a 15% grade
    >
    > First off Heras would have to enter a Belgium race in Aptil. I looked at
    last years Belgium races
    > (in Aptil) and he wasn't entered in any of them. Jason on the other hand I
    could see racing in the
    > bad weather of Belgium in April Dave

    Heras has more of a chance because at least he's on a team that does those races.

  12. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Canuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...

    > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:CD%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Tony Szurly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > with 40 kilometers to go
    > > and a
    > wearing lighter Nike cycling
    > mid-April and Roberto is
    > > taking
    > vitamins that he purchased
    > > at

    > > > Heras, Jason wouldn't be anywhere near Roberto on a 15% grade
    > >
    > > First off Heras would have to enter a Belgium race in Aptil. I looked at
    > last years Belgium races
    > > (in Aptil) and he wasn't entered in any of them. Jason on the other hand I
    > could see racing in the
    > > bad weather of Belgium in April Dave
    >

    > Heras has more of a chance because at least he's on a team that does those races.

    Uhhh. Really?

    Dave

  13. in article [email protected], Dave Hansen at [email protected] wrote on
    01/08/2003 11:30 PM:

    >>> First off Heras would have to enter a Belgium race in Aptil. I looked at
    >> last years Belgium races
    >>> (in Aptil) and he wasn't entered in any of them. Jason on the other hand I
    >> could see racing in the
    >>> bad weather of Belgium in April
    >>

    >> Heras has more of a chance because at least he's on a team that does those races.
    >

    > Uhhh. Really?

    Really .... Postal sends a squad to almost all the spring races in Belgium and Northern France. Just
    because Heras and Armstrong aren't there doesn't mean that the team isn't.

    And since Postal enters the Classics, and whatever dinky US team Jason rides for doesn't, then there
    is currently a much greater chance that that Heras will show up in Belgium.

    More on the order of 1 in 100,000, instead of 1 in 1,000,000,000.

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  14. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA42DC3B.1E993%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected], Dave Hansen at [email protected] wrote
    > on 01/08/2003 11:30 PM:

    > >> last years Belgium races
    > >> could see racing in the
    > >>

    > >> Heras has more of a chance because at least he's on a team that does those races.
    > >

    > > Uhhh. Really?
    >

    > Really .... Postal sends a squad to almost all the spring races in Belgium and Northern France.
    > Just because Heras and Armstrong aren't there doesn't mean that the team isn't.
    >
    > And since Postal enters the Classics, and whatever dinky US team Jason rides for doesn't, then
    > there is currently a much greater chance that that Heras will show up in Belgium.
    >
    > More on the order of 1 in 100,000, instead of 1 in 1,000,000,000.3.

    You don't say...gosh...I never realized that Dave

  15. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    Jason would power down the 15% hill while Heras would bounce all over the road before ending up
    in a ditch

    Peter

  16. Kyle Legate wrote:

    > On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Ken Papai wrote:

    > > Jason is twice the size of Heras.

    > Could you post the URL for the side-by-side photo, please.

    hmm. interesting discussion, to say the least...

    (is it twrue, what they say about you sprinters? it's twrue, it's twrue!)

    heather

  17. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]

    > > Jason is twice the size of Heras.
    > >
    > Could you post the URL for the side-by-side photo, please.

    OK.... I get it.......

    Dohh!! LOL.

  18. >Subject: Waddell versus Heras From: "EP" [email protected] Date: 1/7/03 9:02 PM
    >Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to go and a
    >fist fight broke out with Jason wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto
    >wearing lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon cleats on a 15% grade during a rain
    >storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of Zyprexa
    >approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he purchased at
    >the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?

    Waddell would win, but how long is that 15% grade????

    thanks, jason

  19. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    "EP" <emmaphil[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If Jason Waddell and Roberto Heras were off the front by 10 minutes with 40 kilometers to go and a
    > fist fight broke out with Jason wearing Carnac cycling shoes set up with Time cleats and Roberto
    > wearing lighter Nike cycling shoes with carbon soles and carbon cleats on a 15% grade during a
    > rain storm somewhere in Belgium in mid-April and Roberto is taking a 25 milligrams per day of
    > Zyprexa approved by the UCI and USAC and Jason is hopped-up on contaminated vitamins that he
    > purchased at the Vitamin Cottage, who would win?

    Just in case you are wondering, that wasn't very funny.

    Deez Niznuts