Washington as Giro opening stage ?

Yes a stupid idea.
One thing is to cross the border into France and/or Switzerland and another thing is crossing the ocean. This is supposed to be the Giro de ITALIA, and not the Worldwide Giro.

This year's experiment to take the Vuelta to Holland was a stupid idea too in my opinion. Go to Portugal or France if you want but not that far away.

What would be next? Take the TdF to the Chinese Wall???

i can't imagine moving that much ****...remember the "milan show" stage? this ought to go over well!

sopas said:
Yes a stupid idea.
One thing is to cross the border into France and/or Switzerland and another thing is crossing the ocean. This is supposed to be the Giro de ITALIA, and not the Worldwide Giro.

This year's experiment to take the Vuelta to Holland was a stupid idea too in my opinion. Go to Portugal or France if you want but not that far away.

What would be next? Take the TdF to the Chinese Wall???

The tour should be kept in locations within Europe : logistically it makes sense because if part of the tour is held in some far flung location it is a logistical nightmare for the organisers, teams and riders.

This would have nothing to do with the clash with the T of California would it? As LM says it a stupid idea. The G de I shouldn't feel the need to prove their credentials as the number 2 cycle race.

[lang=hr]općenito veliki obožavatelj The Daily Show je oštar um, i ja shvatiti Stewart nije tamo pitati stvarno teško pitanje, ali ovaj intervju puhara ima više pitanja nego što bi trebalo biti dopušteno po međunarodnom pravu. Siguran sam da međunarodna kopljem navijača koji nisu postali svjesni ovog intervjua kroz publicitet stroj majmun će ići preko njega, ali to samo ostavlja mi tresući glavom u nevjerici da mi kao zemlja su toliko neinformirani o ciklusu utrka.[/lang]