Way to go Wally World!

Slack wrote:

> Dude, check your gender... She's a chick!

Dudette?

x1134x wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>

>>Dude, check your gender... She's a chick!

> Dudette?

chickadee

iamkimba wrote:
> small change wrote:
>
>> iamkimba wrote:

>>> Having worked at the toy department of Wally World and being a fairly
>>> avid biker,

>> Kimba, is that you?
>>
>> Penny
>>

> Yep - tis me.
> sitting in the absolute downpour of North Vancouver.
>
> I am!
> Kimba
> drowned in the deluge

It is better than the snow here in Alberta, Kimba ;)

Psycho Mike

"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:tINaf.74$xE.32@dukeread08...

however we put it on very tight and
> put a cable tie around the fork through the QR lever.

Now THAT is a good idea.

Marty

"iamkimba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [...]

> a toolkit so that I could check and tighten bolts and nuts and brakes
> and seats if necessary. You see- they don't have bike mechanics, they
> have bike builders- and in my experience, it's usually the nephew of the
> guy that owns the bike stand, or the compressor, that does the work.
> They pay these guys 7 bucks a bike- 7 bucks CANADIAN a bike. With tools-
> what tools...IF they the proper tools- that were so worn, they'd damage
> the bike in putting it together. Wouldn't clamp them on the bike stand
> correctly, and score the crappy paint.
> Basically, they pull 'em out of the shipping box, throw the wheels on,
> and tighten a few screws. Maybe. I found bikes that had loose bottom
> brackets- we had twenty bikes come back for that problem alone...since
> they came out of the box with the bottom bracket already installed,
> nobody thought to check em. Loose stems, handlebars, pedals put on the
> wrong side that would loosen as you pedalled...oh yeah, I saw it
> all.Loose chains, unsecured seatposts, broken seats, loose QR-
> especially on the front. Defective design in FS bikes, where, if a kid
> did what kids do with a FS bike- expect to be able to drop off a wall
> over something- the seat postwas too long and wouldn't clear the shock
> bolt, and it would shear the shock off if the bike bottomed out.Yeah- it
> would take a big hit to make that happen, but hey- kids figure these
> bikes can take anything.
> Flat tires...tires overfilled, and left in an incredibly hot
> storeroom..POPPOPPOP! you'd wheel 'em down to the floor, and the tires
> were rolling off the rim...And this was not just one building company-
> in the 3 years I was there- we went through 4.
> Finally- I would just send people off to the LBS so they could get a
> good bike- and a good fit.
> Parents that didn't know the first thing about a bike buying way too big
> bikes for their kids so they could grow into them...
> People buying a $300 bicycle and wouldn't shell out more than 5 bucks
> for a crappy lock...
> One woman actually physically threatened me, because I told her she
> would have to maintain the bike- make sure things were tightened
> occasionally, and a bit of oil now and then. She was a nut case- kept
> trying to tell me that when we were kids, why you didn't have go do that
> kind of thing...yep.Seriously- went off the deep end and screamed at
> me...and physically threatened me.
> I made sure I told the kids and their parents that they would have to
> maintain the bike..but it fell on deaf ears.
> Oh- and the returns! The returns... taco-ed wheels, 2 bikes that were
> returned, supposedly bought a month before- that were so stiff with
> bright orange rust that is was obvious they'd been out all winter-
> probably two, and the people had scammed a neighbour's or friends
> receipt from new bikes that were just bought.
>
> Ah- the horror! The horror!
> <runs off to hide in the closet in a fetal poistion>

I have a cousin that assembled bikes for WalMart. The guy has the mechanical
ability of a brick. He once asked me how to fix a squeeling brake. I
explained how to adjust the tow of brake pads. He said that was too
complicated and would just spray some WD40 on the rim to fix it.