What Color is Borinium?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kenny Lee, Mar 2, 2003.

  1. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but what
    color is it?

    Kenny Lee

    Tags:

  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    I haven't heard of a metal called Borinium and couldn't find a definition in the Dictionary. Where
    did the reference come from? Keith

    "Kenny Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    > what color is it?
    >
    > Kenny Lee

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    Kenny Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    > what color is it?
    >
    > Kenny Lee

    That is not only not a metal, that's not even an element. Boron is a semi-conductor, apparently
    somewhat similar in properties to silicon, and bromine is a brown, liquid element (at least at STP,
    my recollection is that it verges on being a gas in most real-world room temperatures).

    There's also Bohrium, colour listed as "unknown, but probably metallic and silvery white or grey in
    appearance" according to this site:

    http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/Bh/key.html

    "Unknown" because it has a very short half-life, and has never been made in quantities large enough
    to be seen normally.

  4. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kenny Lee <[email protected]> writes:

    >Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    >what color is it?

    Ask the marketing geeks, not the engineers or the artists.

    Tom Gibb <[email protected]

  5. Patrick Lamb

    Patrick Lamb Guest

    Kenny Lee wrote:
    > Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    > what color is it?

    Same color as "marketeerium," a little lighter than "unobtanium."

    Pat
    --
    Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb
    'round-about comcast point net.

  6. On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:48:19 +0800, Kenny Lee did issue forth:

    > Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    > what color is it?

    It's a dark grey colour. I guess X-lite thought it sounded good. There's a picture of a Boronium
    seat clamp here:

    http://www.x-lite.com/seatclamp.htm

  7. Fred Roses

    Fred Roses Guest

    It's ever so slightly less silvery than Oakley's Unobtanium

  8. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:48:19 +0800, Kenny Lee did issue forth:
    >

    >>Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
    >>what color is it?
    >

    > It's a dark grey colour. I guess X-lite thought it sounded good. There's a picture of a Boronium
    > seat clamp here:
    >
    > http://www.x-lite.com/seatclamp.htm

    Thanks, Kenny Lee

  9. John Everett