What Color is Borinium?

Kenny Lee

Guest
Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but what
color is it?

Kenny Lee

I haven't heard of a metal called Borinium and couldn't find a definition in the Dictionary. Where
did the reference come from? Keith

"Kenny Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
> what color is it?
>
> Kenny Lee

In article <[email protected]>,
Kenny Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

> Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
> what color is it?
>
> Kenny Lee

That is not only not a metal, that's not even an element. Boron is a semi-conductor, apparently
somewhat similar in properties to silicon, and bromine is a brown, liquid element (at least at STP,
my recollection is that it verges on being a gas in most real-world room temperatures).

There's also Bohrium, colour listed as "unknown, but probably metallic and silvery white or grey in
appearance" according to this site:

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/Bh/key.html

"Unknown" because it has a very short half-life, and has never been made in quantities large enough
to be seen normally.

Kenny Lee wrote:
> Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
> what color is it?

Same color as "marketeerium," a little lighter than "unobtanium."

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb
'round-about comcast point net.

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:48:19 +0800, Kenny Lee did issue forth:

> Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
> what color is it?

It's a dark grey colour. I guess X-lite thought it sounded good. There's a picture of a Boronium
seat clamp here:

http://www.x-lite.com/seatclamp.htm

It's ever so slightly less silvery than Oakley's Unobtanium

Huw Pritchard wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:48:19 +0800, Kenny Lee did issue forth:
>

>>Want to buy a seatpost that has as one of its color options "Borinium." I know it's a metal but
>>what color is it?
>

> It's a dark grey colour. I guess X-lite thought it sounded good. There's a picture of a Boronium
> seat clamp here:
>
> http://www.x-lite.com/seatclamp.htm

Thanks, Kenny Lee