What did your partner want instead of you getting a new bike ?

cpa

Aug 4, 2003
I'm thinking this may be quite a relevant question. I can't be the only one who's partner wanted to spend the money on something else !! :D

hehe my partner is worse than me

shes got 4 bikes and twice as much bike stuff as i have

Originally posted by Duckwah
hehe my partner is worse than me

shes got 4 bikes and twice as much bike stuff as i have

Damn !

I bought my wife a bike 2 months after I met her. Has ridden it maybe 9 or 10 times. :mad: That was nearly 5 years ago.

Should be a way for multiple choices on this one, or at least an All The Above option.

great question.....yeah all the above and then some
I'm droppin change on a new bike next week
meanwhile my partner is pointing out plasma screens and home entertainment rigs, the new photography equipment he wants, the scads of stuff round the house that needs to be done...
I'm trying to get him to see the bright side;
the money for my bike wouldn't go *that* far (heh heh)

Originally posted by cpa
I'm thinking this may be quite a relevant question. I can't be the only one who's partner wanted to spend the money on something else !! :D

She is just happy that this $$ isn't going toward my other hobby.

Now she would like a better bike. Mine comes first as I ride 120km+ daily & she only does 20kms....

Memph

New furniture in the family room and out in the porch. (We're makin' due with what we got for a while longer...) :D

I just got a new bike , now I have to buy the wife a new Rolex watch, that was the deal.

I bought my newest bike and divorced the wife. Now I can buy two more and not have to even explain why.

I surprised my wife, when we went to pick up my new bike there was a bike I had purchased (secretly) for her right next to it at on the bike shop floor.

Distracted her long enough that the whole ordeal went over great!

track lighting, 25th pair of shoes, new couch-table-chairs-kitchen-bathroom-family room-you name it, a holiday, 10th pair of jeans...

She's getting track lighting, recessed lighting, and new electric to boot. Just need to make sure that main breaker is off...

A lapdance.
:D

But seriously, he wanted me to get a lawnmower. We dont live together, we are just committed to a long term relationship. I dont have a mower and he's often had to come mow my lawn when I couldnt get a neighborhood kid to do so.

He wanted me to get it, but I was hesitant at first to drop over 2k for a bike. I'm the one who thought of all the things we could do to our house with that money. I'm so glad he did encouraged me to get it (best bike I've ever owned - Santa Cruz Heckler), I ended up getting one for him for his birthday!