What happened to Tyler Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired would be the proper word...past tense. It's really hard to believe him when another team mate tested positive for the exact same infraction. What are the odds of that? Anyway I would like to see the tests be proven faulty as well cause I like Tyler but I just don't think it will happen. And if he can't prove his innocence then he should be banned regardless of how well liked he is. Just to avoid wasting time on this thread about "innocent until proven guilty" arguments...he is required to prove his innocence because the tests say guilty.

William Henry said:
It would be really sad if he got banned because he has truly inspired me and when I am going at it full force and i feel like I cant go on then I think of him.

Perro Loco said:
Looks like the hearing is now in Feb.

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/7494.0.html
[size=-1]Hamilton's case, meanwhile, will be considered by the U.S. Anti-doping Agency and, after a slight delay, a hearing is expected sometime in February. Hamilton has steadfastly professed his innocence on charges of blood doping.[/size]

Had Perez signed with Relax-Fuenlabrada before his positive test?

Any Idea on the why and which party requested the continuance in the Hamilton case?

meb said:
Had Perez signed with Relax-Fuenlabrada before his positive test?
No, he was still with Phonak when he got the positive test result.
Phonak sacked him (& Hamilton) to try to get themselves into the Pro Tour. This was initially unsuccessful but now they have successfully appealed.

Relax-F. signed Perez after Phonak sacked him but whilst his appeal was pending. Part of the contract was that they wouldn't keep him if he lost his appeal. Thus, R-F should not have lost out financially following his 2-year ban.

Does anyone think that the delay in the decision on Hamilton's trial has anything to do with the Tyler Hamilton Foundation's annual gala coming up on March 24?:confused:

tas1978 said:
Does anyone think that the delay in the decision on Hamilton's trial has anything to do with the Tyler Hamilton Foundation's annual gala coming up on March 24?:confused:
No. I think that decision is too important to too many people. The Gala would have gone on either way, and I don't think the appeals board would have cared. They have a job to do and should do it regardless of anyone elses schedule.

Cyclist14 said:
What happened, is Tyler still banned for two years?

I hope not, all of us can be inspired by his 54 mile breakaway with a broken collarbone.
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Status
Not open for further replies.