What nation breeds the best cyclists?

mitosis said:
So you do know a little about us. When i reread my post the comment was harsh. Apologies to those who have a worldly view. :)
Are you kidding, you were right. 99% OK maybe 90% of Americans couldn’t give a sh*t about any other country in the world, and thus have no respect for others culture or issues. If you don't love Jesus, speak our brand of English and have a passion for oil then you can go die, boy.

Honestly, I have a great admiration for Aussies & one of my best friends is from down under (you guys kick ass). In fact if I'm around when the US implodes I will be a US immigrant to Australia (if you'll have me).

Goodonya!

Salsa Rider said:
Per Capita....I gotta go with the home of the greatest cyclist (eddy merckx) in history; Belgium

probably something to do with the beer.......
I lived in Belgium in the early 80s. The beer didn't help my training, but it certainly made recovery between rides a lot more fun!

You left out the most important country - the one that bred Lance

TEXAS

It's like a whole other country . . .

Hook em' Horns!

allanw said:
Are you kidding, you were right. 99% OK maybe 90% of Americans couldn’t give a sh*t about any other country in the world, and thus have no respect for others culture or issues. If you don't love Jesus, speak our brand of English and have a passion for oil then you can go die, boy.

Goodonya!
You say that as if it's bad:confused:

szbert said:
You left out the most important country - the one that bred Lance

TEXAS

It's like a whole other country . . .

Hook em' Horns!

I believe Lance was genetically designed in a laboratory, maybe by NASA? Would this be illegal by UCI regulations?

bikeraph said:
Should we do the "which region" in the world produces the best cyclists?

The Basque region of northern spain......yehhhhhhh!!!!!

I agree! Have you seen the totals before on how many basque riders are in the peloton? It is amazing. I read recently on Yellow Jersey Tour's website that there are over 70 professional male cyclists right now!:eek: OMG

Mot said:
Unfortunately Australia is no longer a British colony.

Why was Australia left out of the poll? They did dominate
at the olympics
Yes and they are ranked fourth in the world ahead of the USA acording to the UCI road rankings. THen you include the track results in the World Championships and Olympics.
There is now way anyone can claim the US is the best. You take Lance away and Tyler (he is in purgatory right now so he doesn't count) and you don't have much. I think the next highest rated rider is Bobby Julich. THis doesn't even include the track results which are a joke.
Throw in Mountain Biking which the US used to dominate and things look bad for the USA.

donhix1 said:
Yes and they are ranked fourth in the world ahead of the USA acording to the UCI road rankings. THen you include the track results in the World Championships and Olympics.
There is now way anyone can claim the US is the best. You take Lance away and Tyler (he is in purgatory right now so he doesn't count) and you don't have much. I think the next highest rated rider is Bobby Julich. THis doesn't even include the track results which are a joke.
Throw in Mountain Biking which the US used to dominate and things look bad for the USA.
heh heh TEXAS

I don't see Australia in the list? Any one heard of Ryan Bayley? Anna Meares? Robbie McEwen? Baden Cooke? Stuart O'Grady? Graeme Browne and the list goes on...Patterson...Opperman...

out of 5 million fantastic scots dwelling in this fine country it was inevitable that someone was going to let the side down.
the only performance enhancer that the rest of us take is irn bru:D

stevie doc said:
out of 5 million fantastic scots dwelling in this fine country it was inevitable that someone was going to let the side down.
the only performance enhancer that the rest of us take is irn bru:D

Mate, not to worry. Even my fine country has some bad apples.

Roadie_scum said:
Mate, not to worry. Even my fine country has some bad apples.
I cant believe Austrlaia didnt make their dumbass list!@$@!%!!

Do it as per-head-of-population and we must be about 20 times stronger than all other countries. Even in the TdF we are surely in the top 5 countries represented

Australia...add them to the poll!!!!

If you could see the little support that Cycling gets here in Australia compared to most other sports then you would understand that it is a miracle that anyone rides as a Pro let alone wins a green jersey (3 years straight to aussies!!!!) wears yellow/pink and wins classics ;)