Whats that sport? Competition!!

Fencing is bloody hard work and i've held 190+ for 10-15 mins during big bouts.

During intervals on the road i've hit 208 and regularly get to 204.

Twisties, PM me with your address and whether you want a photo of one of the drivers or of the tasty promo girls

check out the F1 thread for some of the pics i've got on offer

After 30mins deliberation and study ..... i am too late I know ....but I WAS gonna say indoor kart racing ......

oH ... the blonde har has kicked in ...

SF

Nothing wrong. Just never thought that fencing was such high intensity.

yeah well it was my first session back after a long break but its still a very hard anaerobic sport.

basically its like a long sprint or a pursuit, you are always trying to move faster than the other guy!

did you want to take up my offer of a quick bout with the pointy swords steve?

umm no i'm sure you'd kick my butt.....i'm pretty un-co being a cyclist and all :D

I'd like to try it, but can i use the sword and shield like in the movie Gladiator? I have the Helmet, and it would allow me to use it so my wife would stop telling me it was a waste of money!

Don't you hate that when you buy something, the other half wants to know what you will do with it. If it isn't anything she would call interesting ,tthen it was a waste of money!

:D

Vo2;

Fencing at higher levels can be pretty intense. Those fencers at an Olympic level are quite fit.

More intense still, you should see the Kendo (Japanese fencing) guys go at it. Some of warm-up exercises the internationally competative guys do would put down an aerobics instructor. I did Kendo for a couple of years with a University club (that happened to have a few well ranked Kendo competitors). Being fit I didn't think it was a big deal when I first tried it - I didn't make it through the little "warm-up" they did for 2 hours before fencing for an hour....

Still nothing like wacking some guy over the head with a bamboo stick to take the stress out of the day...

;)

-CG

We have another form of "fencing" in South Africa...it entails taking stolen goods to shops that will buy them from you.

In addition to raised eyebrowsand somewhat elevated temperatures, I hear that it can also cause fairly raised HR levels!