whats your favorite saddle???

jandbzpapa

Nov 26, 2004
I know saddles are important and they are dependant on both comfort and performance, but I was curious what some of the fav's are out there.

Aspide Triathgel...190 grams with thick gel padding up front. Nothing better on the boys when tucked in for 5+ hours.

Brooks B-17 with a sheepskin cover for my 10 speeds, Brooks B-66 with a
sheepskin cover for my 3 speeds.

stone61cm said:
Aspide Triathgel...190 grams with thick gel padding up front. Nothing better on the boys when tucked in for 5+ hours.
I Loooooove my Trigel. So much that I got the MTB version.

I'll probably use a Selle Italia Flite Smooth next year, I was going to use an SLR but I decided not because I didn't really like the idea of spending 2-5 hours a day, 6 days a week on such a small seat.

However this year I used a Race X saddle with a cut out and the only reason I kept it on the bike is because I didn't want to change saddles in the middle of the season.

I have a SLK. Love it. I've been using it for about a year now. Used to have a Selle Italia Flight Gel, but I absolutely hated it.

It's personal preference. Don't listen to people. Go out and find your own.

That looks like a great saddle, the models are a bit confusing though, what's the difference? Which one would be better for example, a Century?
I really need a new Saddle for longer rides!!

Thanks in advance....

domaindomain said:
currently the SelleSMP range

would really like the Carbon version

but on a cost / lightness trade off, settled for the Pro version

Selle San Marco Strada
jandbzpapa said:
I know saddles are important and they are dependant on both comfort and performance, but I was curious what some of the fav's are out there.

Saddles are a personal choice and what's good for one person could be horrible for somebody else...
in my experience, small and thin doesn't necessarily mean uncomfortable...
I myself am short squat and chubby !!!!!!

have one with "crossbow" embroidered on the top, can't recall what brand it is
(road bike seat) but it is very very good (for me anyway)

Selle Italia SLR 135 grams. The shape and contour is nearly perfect, especially if you sit on the bike properly (not leaning your hips forward on Big Jim and the Twins.)

The lack of padding isn't an issue, unless you ride your bike in Levis. Cycling shorts these days, especially the pricey ones, have really effective and well-placed padding.

i might go for one of these if i could not find a san marco rolls, that is probably why i have one on each bike plus keep a spare.

for a stationary bike on the fluid trainer the sdg belaire comp is best.

some of the popular trend saddles listed here are so inadequate for serious road miles as to be the equivalent to riding around without cork tape on the bars, you will (ouch) pay for it...

bucfan471 said:
Selle San Marco Strada