whats your favorite saddle???

gclark8 said:
The carbon!! :D
Looking at it makes you want to ride it naked!! ;)
Speaking of which, my favourite saddle would be one of the ones from the Pictures forum....

San Marco Concor... I have one on each of my 3 road bikes. My rear end was made for Concor !

jandbzpapa said:
I know saddles are important and they are dependant on both comfort and performance, but I was curious what some of the fav's are out there.
fizik arione

jandbzpapa said:
I know saddles are important and they are dependant on both comfort and performance, but I was curious what some of the fav's are out there.
I highly recommend Fizik Pave' CP and Rondine. Nominally priced and high quality. You get a performance designed saddle with a perfect amount of padding. The padding doesn't get mushy or move around.

-Mike

I never had problems with saddles. I got used to all 3 I had so far. Now I have Concor and I really like it.

Brooks Swift on my single speed
Brooks Swallow is going to go on my racer
fizik on my mtn bike

The Brooks Swift when on my racer has logged quite a few centurys in great comfort, took no time to break in, and fits me like a glove. Still get a little sore, but that goes with the territory I guess. The fizik is nice but I love my Brooks

Specialized Avatar....put it on about two weeks ago. So far I really like it.

Selle Italia Flite .... used them for years. When you find a saddle that fits your bum, get a spare or two.

timbradley said:
Has anyone used a Specialized Alias? Was thinking of investing in one...
Yes I got personally fitted for the Alias. Ended up with the 143mm version.

On my first ride I could only handle 30-35 minutes and ended up with terrible nerve pain from my tailbone up my back and down the legs. That was the only time I have ever experienced that pain with ANY saddle. The saddle was returned.

Another friend swears by the Alias.

Best fitting saddle I've used so far is the Brooks Pro/Team Pro - better than other Brooks models I've had (B17N, Colt, Swift), and certainly better than various models from Bontrager, Cannondale, Koobi, Selle Italia, Specialized, WTB...