wheel upgrade to zondas

terryoz

May 27, 2012
Currently looking to upgrade the Ksyrium Equip wheels on my Pinarello Quattro, that came with the purchase. Not looking at going too exy, but was wondering if the Campy Zondas would be a good start, and make a big enough difference in rolling and weight, or is better option to spend a bit extra and go for Fulcrum Racing 1's. Do about 200kms a week, with a bit of short sharp climbing ,and fairly big guy at 6'3 and 92kilos. Any advice would be great!

Campag wheels generally get slightly better reviews than Fulcrum, which is odd, considering that Fulcums are made by Campag (Fulcrum are Campag's alternative for Shimano and Sram users). Some bigger guys find these wheels a little flexy when sprinting out of the saddle.

Zondas aren't a huge step up from Equipes, so it's hard to know if you'll notice a difference.

By the way, you'll get more replies if you get this thread moved to the Equipment section. '
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Thanks for the reply and helpful points. Yes was aware of the Fulcrum connection, and you are right the Campag's seem to get better reviews. All food for thought, and will keep up the research.

For a minute I thought you were looking for a new set of wheels for you Pagini Zonda!

HA!

Anecdotally (so don't take it to the bank): I know 5 or 6 guys who rave about the performance and durability of their Campag wheels. One of them even prefers his Sciroccos over his Eurus, and says his Shamals are only marginally better.

Classic- unfortnuately not enough room in the garage due to the Bugatti Veyron already there!

Yep thinking seriously about the Eurus if can get a decent deal, otherwise will stick with Fulcrum 3 or Zonda. Thanks