Where are you from,what do you do?

My name is Bob. I live in Dallas,Oregon. I just retired from driving a 18 wheeler. I have carried my single speed on my truck the last six years and was able to take many enjoyable day trips in the 11 western states (of the Colonies). My favorite are the paved bike paths along I-70 in the Denver, Colorado metro area. I weigh 232 lbs and will always be in the "Clydesdale" group until I have been cremated. Next summer my goal is to ride to the coast, about 55 miles one way and return another day. Cheers!

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I am from the US (Virginia) and I ride competively in criteriums and road races. I ride about 150 to 200 miles each week (90 to 130k) My training consist of road work for base with intervals for speed.

tmills said:
I am from the US (Virginia) and I ride competively in criteriums and road races. I ride about 150 to 200 miles each week (90 to 130k) My training consist of road work for base with intervals for speed.

I think you mean 240-320 kilometers.

alienator said:
I think you mean 240-320 kilometers.

Uh......lets see.......150 Divided by .6214.........well what do you know! That whole metric thing never caught on here anyway! :) Yes. I should have said 240 to 320 kilometers. Thanks for the correction.

Hi I'm Linda, I'm from Dumfries.

Got two bikes - Commencal Combi Disc for my offroad adventures and a Giant OCR3 for my road work. I'm more an offroad/cross country fiend, but I enjoy a bit of "civilised' road cycling from time to time!

:D

My name is Matt and I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. I got my first bike in March of 2007 and took up racing this past January. My one regret in life is not rediscovering the freedom that riding a bike give you sooner than my early 20's. I wish I could go back in time and slap the **** out of myself in high school and give myself a bike. Cycling really has saved me.

The S is Silent said:
My name is Matt and I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. I got my first bike in March of 2007 and took up racing this past January. My one regret in life is not rediscovering the freedom that riding a bike give you sooner than my early 20's. I wish I could go back in time and slap the **** out of myself in high school and give myself a bike. Cycling really has saved me.

if your trolling, i'll bite. you and me both brother. my life has been a constant phuck up for over fifteen years. the bike and yes pun intended, gives me direction.

it's never to late though. good to make your acquaintance and on this site.

roadhouse said:
if your trolling, i'll bite. you and me both brother. my life has been a constant phuck up for over fifteen years. the bike and yes pun intended, gives me direction.

it's never to late though. good to make your acquaintance and on this site.

It is definitely never too late. It still surprises me how I can be in an absolutely foul mood from work or a relationship or even life in general and the bike just fixes it. Just 5 minutes into a ride and all the negative feelings are left behind. Riding heals the spirit.

The S is Silent said:
It is definitely never too late. It still surprises me how I can be in an absolutely foul mood from work or a relationship or even life in general and the bike just fixes it. Just 5 minutes into a ride and all the negative feelings are left behind. Riding heals the spirit.

friend.

and on another note, where abouts in chorpus are you? i few years ago i was with a houston based electrical company that had the contract for the remodel of the naval air base, just north of the bridge that leads to n. padre or whatever that island is on the very south side of chorpus. we stayed in the condos behind farrahs bar next to the whataburger on that island.

know where any of that is?

roadhouse said:
friend.

and on another note, where abouts in chorpus are you? i few years ago i was with a houston based electrical company that had the contract for the remodel of the naval air base, just north of the bridge that leads to n. padre or whatever that island is on the very south side of chorpus. we stayed in the condos behind farrahs bar next to the whataburger on that island.

know where any of that is?

Right now I'm on the Southside, but I'm moving a little further out because I found an awesome deal on rent. I know where all of those places are. I used to do laps down ocean drive in front of TA&M-CC down to NAS until the chip-sealed the roads with some of the nastiest chip-seal you've ever seen. I can't picture the condos you're talking about, but I am familiar with Farrahs...I've been there a number of times, it has been a while though.

The S is Silent said:
Right now I'm on the Southside, but I'm moving a little further out because I found an awesome deal on rent. I know where all of those places are. I used to do laps down ocean drive in front of TA&M-CC down to NAS until the chip-sealed the roads with some of the nastiest chip-seal you've ever seen. I can't picture the condos you're talking about, but I am familiar with Farrahs...I've been there a number of times, it has been a while though.

ack. can i ask why your name is the s is silent, Matt? what's the meaning of it? and i take it your bday is today because you're now 26 and not in you early twenties as you were yesterday before you took a nap from posting at 25 years of age.

you got pics of yourself riding down in chorpus? you had to have known that was coming..

for some odd reason, the one year i spent down there i never even noticed a bicycle store let alone one rider. and i was always outdoors down there. where'd you ride because maybe i missed something?

roadhouse said:
ack. can i ask why your name is the s is silent, Matt? what's the meaning of it? and i take it your bday is today because you're now 26 and not in you early twenties as you were yesterday before you took a nap from posting at 25 years of age.

I guess you ****** somebody off in the time it took for me to go to bed, go to work and get home, considering you weren't banned yesterday.

For those that are still interested, a story about my name: Back in college, I used to get words mixed up and mispronounce words all the time. One of the big ones that I could never get right was nuclear. I always pronounced it nuculer (new-Q-ler). Kind of messed up, and my friends made sure to harass me for it constantly. Well, one night, we were watching an episode of Family Guy called "Da Boom." It is the Y2K episode where all the nukes accidentally launch and the world is reduced to a wasteland. In that episode, Lois says something about the nuclear bombs, and Peter just laughs at her. His response was "He he he. It's nuculer (pronounced new-Q-ler) dummy, the S is silent." We rolled when we heard it. I actually said something as dumb as Peter Griffin. It stuck. I've been using the name for about 5 or 6 years now.

roadhouse said:

First bike: March 2007.
Current Date: Sept 21, 2009

2.5 years ago. 26 minus 2.5 is 23.5. Soooooooo, when I entered into this glorious sport, I was in my early twenties. Before that, the last time I had ridden a bike was when I was 15 or something like that.

The S is Silent said:
I guess you ****** somebody off in the time it took for me to go to bed, go to work and get home, considering you weren't banned yesterday.

For those that are still interested, a story about my name: Back in college, I used to get words mixed up and mispronounce words all the time. One of the big ones that I could never get right was nuclear. I always pronounced it nuculer (new-Q-ler). Kind of messed up, and my friends made sure to harass me for it constantly. Well, one night, we were watching an episode of Family Guy called "Da Boom." It is the Y2K episode where all the nukes accidentally launch and the world is reduced to a wasteland. In that episode, Lois says something about the nuclear bombs, and Peter just laughs at her. His response was "He he he. It's nuculer (pronounced new-Q-ler) dummy, the S is silent." We rolled when we heard it. I actually said something as dumb as Peter Griffin. It stuck. I've been using the name for about 5 or 6 years now.

i guess i was banned. that's twice too many for the likings of myself. too bad i don't believe you and too bad it had to come to this.

steve, if you would be so kind, i do believe that the charade has played itself out and not in my favor. the sooner all of this, everything is removed, the better. too bad too as you lost a great rider, a much better rider than this guy and ten of him and their friends put together, along with my respect.

thanks for everything. goodbye.