Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey guys, I'm new around here so just dropping in to introduce. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, but I currently reside in Fort Lee, New Jersey. I'm a competitive high school distance runner and I cycle primarily as cross training or when I'm injured and cannot run.

And bicycledick, not that I've been home in the recent months, but I have not heard anything about war or unrest in Johannesburg. None of my relatives have said anything either...so I'd assume that the rumor you heard is a tad far-fetched. Please update if I'm wrong, though.

akellas said:
Hey guys, I'm new around here so just dropping in to introduce. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, but I currently reside in Fort Lee, New Jersey. I'm a competitive high school distance runner and I cycle primarily as cross training or when I'm injured and cannot run.

And bicycledick, not that I've been home in the recent months, but I have not heard anything about war or unrest in Johannesburg. None of my relatives have said anything either...so I'd assume that the rumor you heard is a tad far-fetched. Please update if I'm wrong, though.

Welcome to the forum my friend. I hope that you find it useful. I run distance for my school as well - I just joined this year. Just from curiosity, what part of New Jersey is Fort Lee? I live in Cherry Hill, which is in South Jersey.

BDoosey said:
Welcome to the forum my friend. I hope that you find it useful. I run distance for my school as well - I just joined this year. Just from curiosity, what part of New Jersey is Fort Lee? I live in Cherry Hill, which is in South Jersey.

Fort Lee is up north, in Bergen. I really just consider it a suburb of NYC. I was just down in Holmdel today though, getting a run in. Not sure where Cherry Hill is relative to that, but if you run cross country I guess you'd be familiar with the course.

Can't imagine ridin' a bike where there are so many people. Betchya don't have to avoid hittin' a dead possum or runnin' through any mule s__t on the roads in your neck o' the woods?
Me? I'm down here just outside of the community called "Pig". No joke. It's right near the southwest entrance of Mammoth Cave Nat. Park. If you don't blink when you drive through downtown Pig you'll git to see the gas station, barbaque, grocerystore, auction house.(both buildings) FYI : Jeff Foxworthy is not makin it up. Everything he says about the South is all true.
Me, I was one of them "Upitty Rednecks". Yessir, the first in my neighborhood to have Porsche up on blocks in my front yard. Most of my neighbors would have been more impressed if Porsche had made pickup trucks though.
Well, the suns gone down so it's past time fer bed. I'll catch ya'll later Dudes,

Greetings, I just registered, I am from Sofia, Bulgaria, and I cycle a lot, in my free time I am collecting cycling related articles, pics and videos and creating a nice resource @cycling with favit

I hope to find new friends here and may be see some of you on the road of Bulgaria or Greece.

Hi, live in Long Beach, Ca (Los Angeles Co), mostly ride road but actually really enjoy mtn biking!!! recently went up to Mammoth mtn to the bike park, now that is fun; negotiating rocks, drop offs, wooden bridges and all on single track.

Hey
Im in San Mateo, California. I mostly like road biking with single speed bikes and fixed gear bikes. I'm a freshman in highschool.

preston from houston, tx. road. i'm addicted to riding although at times i hate taking a look around and seeing what it's really all about nowadays but i guess it's just the spillover from the natural decline of the western civilization and so i ride alone many times and run in groups, try to find others who understand the concept of actually riding a bike and mingle accordingly with.

i have the most respect for triathletes above all else and would eventually like to just finish one, let alone win.

thanks for having me and i'll play nice if you do. :)

hey guys, checking in from sunny Tampa. I'm 31yrs old and in Healthcare. My fiance and I just got into the sport back in April. We're both riding Treks and loving it. Hooked and addicted for sure.

track and field... worst sport of my life... and coaches were awful... so i just bike instead of run :)

no kidding? im a freshman... going into sophmore... and i ride fixed too, i love it :) does your school have a cycling team or do you just ride?

Hello All. Fom the states, but now living in Japan for the past 9 months, 9 more until I return to the states. Did a lot of mountain biking when I was younger then got married, had kids, yada yada and the wheels fell off.

Now in Japan the traffic is so bad I bought a new road bike and go 10km there and 10km back about 3 days per week (when there isn't a ton of rain). I live in Utsunomiya (~100km north of Tokyo), where the Japan Cup bike race is held every October so every other week I've been training on that course. Fun stuff. Considering entering the amateur side of that race. We'll see, don't feel so competitive just yet, but improving.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you all as I try to figure out better training methods, equipment, etc.

Recently moved to Philadelphia, PA from Salt Lake City, UT.

I am in the management consulting industry.

I'm a relative noob to cycling, having been a dirt guy for most of my life. Just had my first bike, a pinarello, stolen (yeah, welcome to Philly!), and now I'm stuck bike-less until I get myself some new wheels.

chestrunz said:
Recently moved to Philadelphia, PA from Salt Lake City, UT.

I am in the management consulting industry.

I'm a relative noob to cycling, having been a dirt guy for most of my life. Just had my first bike, a pinarello, stolen (yeah, welcome to Philly!), and now I'm stuck bike-less until I get myself some new wheels.

Ouch thats rough man.

Ann Arbor, MI

Student at U of M majorin in Math and Economics.

I'm nick. Im from south jersey and go to school at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. I rowed at the elite lightweight level in highschool and continue to compete in college. I always enjoyed watching cycling and did an occational ride to crosstrain. On a particular crosstraining ride i hit a climb and became hooked. I now need a regular dose of riding or i go into withdraw. I would consider myself a casual cyclist. on a recent VO2 test my VO2 is 56, my anaerobic threashold is 178bpm, and my aerobic threashold is 164bpm. I ride a 25 yr old raleigh that weighs 38.8 lbs when i ride it. I have yet to go on a ride with someone else.

I'm pretty new to bike riding. Strange because now that I ride my bike often, it feels like I have been doing it for a long time.Um, except for hills - then I suddenly miss being in a car! Oh yeah, and when the people in their fancy kits and time trialed bikes fly by, that also reminds me that I'm green in this sport.

I'm from Boise, Idaho. I'm a commuter and don't do any cycling sports. I commute to work each day which is about 10 miles each way. Luckily, it is a flat ride except one large hill near the end of the ride going to work. Makes for an easy ride going home though. I've been biking since the beginning of the year and I have since lost 50 pounds (down to 250 now, hoping to lose about 20-30 more). I don't miss my car at all.

Well except when it rains or snows really hard. :D

Hi, I am from Belgium but I live in Dubai. I am part of a club called Dubai Roadsters. Check out DUBAI ROADSTERS Web Site or google Dubai roadsters to see where and how we cycle. Because of the extreme heat, we start at 5.30 am on Fridays. I am an anesthesiologist and love my bikes! I do quite a bit of off road biking on the beach.