Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey,
I am in Washington state. Had gotten into riding while training for a triathlon then drifted away for awhile and am now getting back into it. Looking forward to the summer! I ride a 2005 Lemond.

Hi, I live in Rugby, Warwickshire, UK. I own an Estate Agency business.
I am planning to Cycle Across America on June 23rd 2010. From Los Angeles to Miami (3,500 miles). We hope to raise £100,000 for cancer charities. Here is some more info and our fundraising page www.virginmoneygiving.com/CycleAcrossAmerica

Any help, support or advice will be appreciated.

Sean

[lang=da]Hi, I'am from denmark and I work as department manager in a school. I just started this spring roadbiking. And I:) enjoy it.[/lang]

i am from lahore,pakistan and doing masters in biochemistry from arid agriculture university, islamabad,pakistan

Hello from Milford Michigan, Business around here is pretty slow, so I guess I'm now retired. Been riding everyday. Road bike in the warmer weather, but now it's fat tire time. Have a Giant Defy Alliance1 and a Specialized Rockhopper comp disc.

Hey! I'm in Richmond, VA (Glen Allen area) a business owner and a relatively new road rider, always looking for riding partners!

Pearland, Texas, just south of Houston. IT director for a clinical trials center at a university.

Hello all!

My name is Steven and I currently reside in Lighthouse Point, FL. I recently got back on the bike after a 23 year hiatus. My reasoning is simple:

At 37, if Lance can come back and get a podium, I can get back on the bike!

I currently ride a Schwinn Varsity, although I do not know when it was made. I think maybe '07 or so. It's not the bike that I want, but it was what I could afford. I generally ride around Boca, Pompano, and Ft. Lauderdale from my home.

My end goal right now is to get fit enough to race sometime next year. However, time is not my best friend since my wife works two jobs, I watch my daughter all day and then work at night. So most of the time, I'm riding on the stationary bike.

I can't afford an indoor trainer, but I'm trying. If you're in the area and need a riding partner, give me a shout! Aloha and thanks for the community!

Calgary, soon to be Saskatoon.
Computer drafting for an engineering firm, mostly oil and gas.
Cranky old bat of 51, ex-bike racer who bike-commutes to work from time to time and goes out on the odd long weekend ride. Getting back into it after years of knee problems from a car accident.

Hello I am vera,today I am working as Assistant store in Alphamart in Indonesia,at present I write this post today is sunday so I spend my time here to get a new thing,:D

nuliajuk said:
Calgary, soon to be Saskatoon.
Computer drafting for an engineering firm, mostly oil and gas.
Cranky old bat of 51, ex-bike racer who bike-commutes to work from time to time and goes out on the odd long weekend ride. Getting back into it after years of knee problems from a car accident.

Have you ridden the Icefields Parkway? Everytime I've been down that road on the way to Mt. Robson Park (BC), I've loved it.

Hi All.

Live in Tel Aviv.
Been Cycling fairly seriously for about 2 years now. Normally do around 15 or so hours a week - most of this is the communte to work - a 2 hour round trip -along the beach :) Aahhh , and I am Director at an e-commerce advertising agency

hi
i'm pothound and a retiree in sequim wa. i ride with other retirees on the discovery trail three times a week. it is a social event and my weekly exercise.
thank you pothound

I am near Philadelphia, PA.. frequently ride on the Schuylkill Trail between Oaks and Philadelphia.
I started riding bicycles when I was a teenager, ridden coast to coast twice before I turned 19, I have worked in bicycle retail stores over a decade, raced road bikes , mt. bikes and downhill in my college years; I also lead mt. bike expeditions in the Appalachian Mtns.
Nowadays, I ride mostly just for recreation, road, recumbent, semi-recumbent tandem with my wife..

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, but not new to bicycling. Having ridden for 55+ years.

I'm almost 64 years old, and ride my Hybrid (Specialized Crosstrail - '08) 30-50 miles almost every day. Living west of Chicago, for the last few days, I just recently moved to "The Beast" (Schwinn Airdyne) in the basement for the next few months. I don't do snow, ice, or salt.

I am also an avid long distance motorcyclist, with several certifications from the Iron Butt Association, Saddlesore 1000, Saddlesore 2000, Bunn Burner Gold 1500, CCC Insanity (coast to coast to coast in less than 100 hours), National Parks Tour, etc....,

Being retired for the last nine years, this is what I do! LOL

Hi,

Live in Ames, IA. Have a Cannondale Synapse. Love the rail trails in central Iowa.

Hello to all,

I'm 36 and have been cycling off/on for the last 20 years. Got back into cycling this summer, lost 28 pounds over the summer, and with a good winter I plan on doing some racing next year.

I'll need all the help I can get from you experienced guys

Thanks in advance

Hi, We are from Hamilton Ontario, Canada - my wife is a chemical analyst and I'm a locksmith/carpenter.
We are going to follow the the 2010 TDF for 2 weeks - anybody else going?