Where are you from,what do you do?

Been cycling all my life. Currently road and mountain bike. My mountain bike is a SPECIALIZED ROCK HOPPER 06 My Road Bike is a SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP 2010.

Hi all,

Glad to be part of a healthy group.

I'm a South-African, from beautiful Cape Town. Currently I live in New York and would like to meet up with the locals for 3- or 4 hour rides to NJ or anywhere else.

Cheers!
:D

Hawaii 808 said:
Been cycling all my life. Currently road and mountain bike. My mountain bike is a SPECIALIZED ROCK HOPPER 06 My Road Bike is a SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP 2010.
[lang=it]My road bike is a willier 101 with super record 11 Speed ![/lang]

Billcycle said:
Hello Vincent! My wife and I are moving to Italy (Sigonella) in June!!

Bill
[lang=it]Sicilia is beautiful! but I live close to Venice and there ins't a place like Venice alla over the world.

Vincent[/lang]

Hi everyone I'm Sarah,

I'm new to this whole cycyling thing, my boyfriend does alot of cycling and i want to take up the same hobbie! Im from northeast england (sunderland). :) Im a home support worker for the elderly & i love my job!

Hey Kenny---I think that about nails it for me--if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be doing it!!

Cheers, Bill

Billcycle said:
Hey Kenny---I think that about nails it for me--if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be doing it!!

Cheers, Bill

thanks bill, right now im trying to save up for a new bike cuz my last one ( schwinn alu comp from wallyword) i took back twice because the forks kept seizing up or were faulty

Hullo everyone :D

I'm a newbie to the world of good bikes. In Salt Lake City currently for grad school.
I'm looking to get back on to a bike after almost 6 years :cool:

I'm Meredith and I'm from South Dakota. I am a Realtor, own a restaurant, and teach classes on top of being a mom of two young children (4 and 2). I'm training for my first tour, 500 miles in July. Figured I should do something fun like this for my 30th birthday. My parents are long time cyclists and are joining me as well. I just bought a road bike last year in August and before that had a mountain bike pretty much just for hauling the child carrier behind.

she_mullett said:
I'm Meredith and I'm from South Dakota. I am a Realtor, own a restaurant, and teach classes on top of being a mom of two young children (4 and 2). I'm training for my first tour, 500 miles in July. Figured I should do something fun like this for my 30th birthday. My parents are long time cyclists and are joining me as well. I just bought a road bike last year in August and before that had a mountain bike pretty much just for hauling the child carrier behind.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like your going to be pretty busy. Good luck with the tour!

im craig from northampton england i am just getting back to cycling after a 6 month rest;)

Hello everyone. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I'm about to get back into biking after a decades-long hiatus. I live in rural central Wisconsin, USA where cows outnumber people 5:1. I'm a business owner with ties to creative people all over the country, a father of three smartn healthy kids, happily married, and looking for ways to exercise my body and my mind:D.

Mena, Arkansas, in the heart of the Ouachita Mountains. My husband is English, and we have a "English" cottage that we rent out by the night--people say it is unforgettable and wonderful. Our guests in the past have often be ATV or motorcycle riders, but with the closing of the National Forest Wolfpen Gap trails to motorized vehicles, we want to let cyclists know that the gorgeous Ouachita Mounatins around Mena will now be available to those who prefer more quiet! Come visit us online, and see what we mean. New Page 3

I usually hate this "hi I'm new" stuff but whatever.
I'm from Canada, Ontario, Oakville to be exact, though I was born and raised in Chippawa.
I'm a driller, as the screen name implies.

I'll probably lurk mostly, but we'll see what happens.
I'm hoping that my girlfriend and I will have the opportunity to take a trip to PEI in the summer and bike across the island on the Confederation trail.
I'm hoping that there are some people here who have done it and can give me some pointers.

End communication

JoeMerry, signing in, saying hi. I hail from Allendale, Mi
My first road trip was back in 1965 on my sisters bike, a Stingray with the banana seat and goofy oval mirrors. :eek: I went 15 blocks from home and Mom gave me a spanking that I still remember.:mad: Except for raising kids, I've been ridding ever since.

You can take the kid off the road but you can never take the road out of the kid.:D
Thank God times have changed. I'm on a more respectable bike. :cool: Still love the open road and the smell of adventure around each turn. My goal is to ride every Rail to Trail in west Michigan then spread out from to other states.

Hiya:

I'm about to turn 48 years old, and live in Southern California. I used to ride a road bike (Univega Nuovo Sport) before it was stolen. As a result, I haven't ridden in years. Want to get back on for fitness reasons. Looking to buy a new bike, so I'm headed over to the Equipment thread to get suggestions!