Where are you from,what do you do?

Good to have you on board Connie! Sorry to hear of your traumatic 2010, but I certainly pray that your 2011 is much better. That's a nice ride by the way! I'm sure that you will get many miles of enjoyment from it. =)

Oh yeah....I'm in northwest Tennessee. Only takes me 40 minutes to reach the Missouri state line.

I'm an infrastructure architect with clients predominantly in Europe. In my mid 40's, I've recently changed after 15 years of downhilling, to riding time trials..

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org/category/cycling/

I'm from Cedar Springs, MI. Why do I bike? Because I like to invest in my health, and my savings account/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif I grew up in foster care and didn't drive until I was 18. Never got my license, and found I have no need for it. I just recently moved back to Michigan from Florida. I loaned my cousin my bike and it disappeared, which means he traded it for something. I just traded a ps2 for a Le Tour and an old 1940's BF Goodrich Schwinn that needs a lot of work. The Le Tour is way to big for me, but it'll work until I can trade it for a smaller road bike. I would love to join a riding group around me, and I plan on going on a bike tour with my camera some time.

I'm living in Cromwell, CT these days and working at a local civil engineering firm. I've spent most of my life in Connecticut. Finally bought a road bike last spring after 6-8 years of researching/drooling. I've decided its about time I get back to the shape I was once in as a fairly accomplished high school track and field athlete over 10 years ago. I'm hoping to race a crit or two by the time I'm thirty. If not, I'll be happy to at least ride as much as possible.

Hi, I live in Omaha, NE. I'm 24 and a runner. I ran cross country and track (1600m, 800m and 4x4) in Jr. High, high school, and college. I've always loved cycling just because it's a high pace endurance sport. I grabbed a road bike (Trek 1.2) last year just to do a century ride with a friend. He ended up "no show-ing" on me, so I did it myself. All 110 miles of it. I forgot to mention I got the bike literally 3 days before the ride and rode it twice to work on clipping in. Anyways, it was quite fun, so I started to cycle a bit more afterwards. I did some group rides with some of the guys from the cycling clubs around here, needless to say I definitely have runners legs. I could stay or even leave the majority of the guys on the hills, but struggled a bit on the flats. I also think it had something to do with the level of bikes they had. Anyways, I'm looking to get into cycling a bit more this year, more group rides and maybe some racing. I plan on getting a better bike here in the next few weeks. I'm looking between and C'dale Six13, Caad9 or 10 or something of that sort. Just need to find a good 48cm because 52cm was way too big for me. Well, I'm rambling, so hi everyone. Name's Ricardo, good day!

Originally Posted by runtheline .

I am from New Jerssy. I have never tried to ride a bike.
I love New Jersey, interesting that you post on a cycling forums even though you never ride a bike.

Hey Everyone!

My name's Jon, and I'm from Ohio. I'm a web/interactive designer. Last year I bought my first road bike, to test the waters and see if I'd stick with it. I've had my Schwinn Varsity 700c for about a year now, and it's done a great job.

New guy here. 40 y/o, overweight, steel mill work from Alabama. Just got back into motorcycle woods racing a couple of years ago. Im faster now than I was in my twenties... just don't have the lungs for it. Time to get in shape, just bought an '85 Raleigh Super Course. Sent via Android, UKB 2.0, -100 UV

Anybody ever comes to Coconut Grove, you can rent a cruiser bike (for instance) from Highgear (they are near to me).

If you ask, I would be honored to give you a mini-tour of the immediate neighborhood. It's quite beautiful here.

I think of all the kind cyclists from other parts of the world, reading this thread. I wish could offer them a greet and a relaxing tour.

by the author, our view from the end of a nearby avenue...

I'm in the Wheeling WV area and ride my old SR touring style bike on the trails here.
Recently I was informed that I'm a professional pest so perhaps I've found my true calling.
I'm trying to educate myself on the newer style bikes with a future purchase hopefully not too far into the future.

I'm from Stroudsburg, PA, US, by way of Brick Township, NJ. I work as a night auditor for an old hotel in the center of this very historic town. As far as my daily wheels go, I roll like a boss on my 1936 Cyrva 3 speed roadster (Czechoslovakian!) with a Sturmey Archer AW hub.

I'll let the picture do the talking.

Glad to be here! Any other vintage fanatics?

Hello!

I'm a web developer from the San Francisco Bay Area and going to school in San Luis Obispo at the moment. I started road biking a few years ago and am hooked! I'm planning on doing a century this fall!

I'm from Garden City, Michigan. Riding is my new found love and put 35 miles on her today alone. I don't really train, I ride for the joy of it and the ability of it keeping me in shape. Anyone near Garden City ride and looking for a riding buddy?