Where are you from,what do you do?

Benjaminw said:
Hello Mr. Jester sir.

We got a lady living on the island of Maui named Pam, she's from Eugene. OR.
She used to work for Nike. She's a very nice women in her early 40's.

Do you know her? You said you worked for the "Bike Barn" is why i'm asking.

Maui is nice but she says Eugene is better for snow boarding. Got no snow on Maui, that's for sure.

later
Benjamin
No, I don't know her. More's the shame, since I'm 51 and SINGLE! (Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!) Hook me UP! ;)

:D Hello, new user here checking in and I guess the best way to do that is to tell everyone I'm from Philadelphia Pa I LUV riding bikes been doing so for as long as I can remember. As for what I do I'm a Government employee have been for over fifteen years and when I'm not working I try my best to get to the gym.:cool:

Don Quijote said:
OK. I just keep getting e-mails from all over the world, and feel so flattered that I may consider a career in charismatic literature...(he-he) . Don Quijote
All you have to do is unsubscribe to the thread, then hey presto no more emails!

My name is Mike McCarthy. I am from Buffalo NY. I am a project manager for a contracting firm. I race mountain bikes occasionally and race motocross as my main hobby.

Hi there :)
My name is Gilly, I'm from Cheshire, UK I'm a service receptionist AND a beauty therapist :eek: (part timer at each ;) )
I ride a Giant OCR road and a hand built ali mountain bike... obviously not at the same time :p

Hi

I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and I've been cycling for a year now. I've just purchased a Tacx I-magic trainer so that I can train in the wintertime (oktober-april) and I'm looking for people who also have a trainer for some tips. Also, if any of you have tacx I magic then I might be interested in buying some courses from you.

email me at: [email protected]

I am from Upstate New York South of Rochester. Been riding seriously for 3 years. The past year I have gotten a bit lazy but gettin back out. Not a serious racer but like to do the longer rides like centurys ect. I hope to be organoizing one this year. Late summer.

Joe

Brutuskend said:
Shouldn't this be<Arnold vioce> "WHo is your daddy, and what does he do." <Arnold vioce>ANyway...:rolleyes:

I live in Eugene Oregon and I manage a bike shop there. (The Bike Barn, if anyone ever ventures out this way)

I'm also the Court Jester over on the Anandtech forums.

So I'm sure I'll "act up" on here from time to time. :D

In fact I'll proably head over to your JOKES forum next and steal a few jokes to pass around. :cool:
Ahh, the Emerald Empire! I'm a UO alumnus, but I haven't been back to Eugene in, well, decades. In any case, I'll bet it's still one of the best biking cities on the continent.

Get this kids: when I lived there, Eugene had two automobile bridges over the Willamette River, and THREE pedestrian/bike bridges. It's a great town.

I'm from Melbourne Australia. I'm just getting back into cycling after a hiatus of a couple of years. I got into a tangle with a dog on a bike path :mad:. That put me off riding for quite a while.
I used to do a bit of road riding about 15 years ago (on a Graecross), but I think that's behind me these days. I'm in the market for a hybrid bike, and will probably buy a Specialized Sirrus Sport very soon. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

I am a poor auto parts delivery man from connellsville,pennsylvania...i mean poor.....i make 8 dollars an hour!...ha!ha!.but anyhow..i am rich with local great bike trails..some kind of gravel they use on these old railroad beds(thats where the long bike trails are...trails go in either direction from town for miles of scenic beauty along the river in both directions......i am cosidering either purchising one of those cross bikes with the bigger tires700x?,.or a comfort bike with 26 inch tires..i am at pesent leaning toward the cross bike with the larger tires..but will it work good on these gravel bike paths????.i know it will work well on the city streets...which are quite nice,extensive,but woud i be better of with a bike with 26 inch tires instead to go on the trails..i am the type of person whom would like to bike in cold and maybe sometimes damp wheather if the mood strikes me...any info,opinions based on fact and not conjecture would be appreciated thanks ...ron

66 year old truck driver in lander, wyoming. been off driving for a couple years, but i'm about to start driving again with my bike on my truck!

I am from Scotland!

I have an outstanding, innovative idea about Chainless Mechanism for a bike.
Among many other features this bike can continue to go forward by reverse peddling! It is an ideal bike for acrobatics and also for pleasure.

I have a prototype which proves the mechanism is very efficient.

I would like to know who could manufacture a bike with such an aesthetically attractive mechanism. :)

Look forward to hearing from any one! http://www.cyclingforums.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

I'm a high school student from Ontario, Canada. I ride just about everyday 2-3 hours. Just got into the sport less than a year ago, and lovin it, Strict roadie! I've crashed many times, and crashed even last week (from a clutsy driver!), so trying to ride through the traumatization as much as possible. Just dying til the snow melts away for good down here, to start riding outdoors so i can get ma farmers tan :)

I recently bought a hybrid/cross bike to replace the mountain bike that was stolen last year. I hadn't used the mountain bike in a while because it was heavy and uncomfortable to ride. So it was a blessing in disguise.

This new bike is great. Besides joyriding, I've been commuting to work when the weather permits and it's been great. Besides the workout and viewing of daybreak each morning, I've discovered other benefits.

Just this morning on the way to work, I happened to look down in time to notice a roll of postage stamps. They're worth $37. Now I need a penpal.

Edited to answer the questions: I'm from Spartanburg, South Carolina. I work in maintenance at a metal stamping plant that makes beer kegs and parts for John Deere lawn mowers. How exciting!

I am from Victoria, British Columbia (Canada) and am 35 years old. I have been a recreational rider for a number of years, am in the process of purchasing a new bike to ride more frequently and seriously. My decision has been made, and will be getting a Kona Jake the Snake (with road tires) in the next week or two. My riding will consist of commuting to and from work and weekend group road rides. And, maybe if I get ambitious dab in a race or two . . . but we'll see.

I am looking forward to chatting with many people with the same interest in riding.

Cheers, Ron

I am from Menlo Park, CA, where I work at a bike shop. And I was hoping to get some information about a particular bike before I make the mistake of selling it, or selling incorrectly. I've acquried a Windsor Competition with all Suntour components. The date stamped on the Sunshine hub reads 11 76. This bike has maybe 5 miles total ride time. It is so clean and in near new condition that I'm afraid to even ride it. The chain has the original lube and all the teeth on the rings are still clean. Can anyone discuss this with me. Thanks, and I wish it wasn't raining. Dave