Where to buy a group set

Rocket

Dec 23, 2002
I am building a frame (hillbrick) and want to buy an Ultegra group set (not whole wheels hubs only) and want to know where the cheapest place to buy it. <br />Is it worth looking overseas, exchange rates, hassels?<br /><br />I have looked at alot of Aus sites<br />Phantom Cycles<br />Bicycling direct<br />Plympton cycles<br /><br />So what advise do you all have<br /><br />Thanks Rod Child (Cambelltown)

dont know prices in your country but for northern Europe www.salden.nl have whats considered as nice prices here. They heve both a normal and an online shop.

[quote author=maarten link=board=20;threadid=2853;start=0#msg24154 date=1042302850]<br />dont know prices in your country but for northern Europe www.salden.nl have whats considered as nice prices here. They heve both a normal and an online shop.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Just bought myself a bike at Salden (going after it in 2 weeks):<br />* frame: alluminium alloy with carbon back, carbon fork (Own brand from Salden: Massini Barcelona)<br />* Centaur 10 speed group<br />* Campagnolo Pro Fit Chorus Pedals<br />* Hand built wheels with Record hubs and Mavic Open pro rims<br />Price: 1650 Euro<br /><br />They have excellent deals<br /><br />And if you pay them a visit in their shop, you can see a 'real' Giant TCR Compsite Gold bike (http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2002/features/giant10k)<br /><br />Niek

Update so far,<br /><br />The cheapest place i can get a groupst for is 637 US$ inc Hubs for ultegra. that is $1087 Aus, it is $90 Aus for delivery, this is a saving of around $500, they seem to be the go, i will also buy pedals etc off them as well.<br /><br />www.tourdefrance2.org<br /><br />The dutch site seemed cheaper but i can't read dutch, and couldn't see what was included in the groupset?<br /><br />Rod

[quote author=Rocket link=board=20;threadid=2853;start=0#msg24212 date=1042501105]<br />Update so far,<br /><br />The cheapest place i can get a groupst for is 637 US$ inc Hubs for ultegra. that is $1087 Aus, it is $90 Aus for delivery, this is a saving of around $500, they seem to be the go, i will also buy pedals etc off them as well.<br /><br />www.tourdefrance2.org<br /><br />The dutch site seemed cheaper but i can't read dutch, and couldn't see what was included in the groupset?<br /><br />Rod<br />[/quote]<br /><br />The groupsets at Salden don't include hubs, headset and seatpost, so for Ultegra that would be:<br />* groupset: 499 EUR double , 529 triple<br />* hubs: 79 EUR (from their excell price list)<br />* delivery: 20 EUR<br /><br />payments up front using direct money transfer; Probably this is standard postal delivery, you can always call them for delivery options, most people in Holland are fairly fluent in English<br /><br />If you need any further help, just let me know.<br /><br />Greetz,<br /><br />Niek<br />

Its important to know whats included in the price you mention<br />Salden does front and rear derailleur, sti shifters, crankset(complete), casette, chain,brakes<br /><br /><br />So no hubs no, kopserie(don't know english word the stuff to make your steer turn around)<br />no seatpost and no pedals like most offers from other shops

Someone mentioned totalcycling.com in Ireland, but I can't find the posting again. Anyway, they are offering an Ultegra groupset for $500US, excluding hubs. Hubs are about another $85US.