where to buy S-Licks (or something else)

Bofrazer

Guest
I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online
ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item out of
stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?

rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]

HPV SMGT

I bought my last set from BicycleTires.com http://www.bicycletires.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&manuf=29

Prompt service. I do not know if they have them in stock at this time.

DeVon

"BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
> I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
> tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
> vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
> online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
> out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
>
> I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
> have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
>
> rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
>
> HPV SMGT

In article <b6H%[email protected]>, "BoFrazer" says...

>I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
>peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
>vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
>online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
>out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

I just bought a set at www.poweroncycling.com.

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

"BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<b6H%[email protected]>... <<I'm having a hard time
> figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site
> claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online ones have them. >>>

I got mine from Fool's Crow. He had them in multiple colors at that time. Hope this helps.

Steve Baker

I have both 406mm and 559mm Vredestein S-Licks in stock.

Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

"BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
> I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
> tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
> vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
> online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
> out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
>
> I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
> have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
>
> rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
>
> HPV SMGT

"BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
> I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
> tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
> vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
> online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
> out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
>
> I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
> have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
>
> rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
>
> HPV SMGT

You can add Zach Kaplan to the list...as he is a great source of knowledge about tires and bents in
general....he can be reached at [email protected]]

Pat