Where to Sell my MTB???

Ryan Bates

Guest
Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know if
there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!

On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
> Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know if
> there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!

I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

Try the classifieds at www.mtbreview.com; I've had great luck there. Start out asking high though,
because people love to talk you down.

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
> > Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know
> > if there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!
>
> I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.

eBay is pretty good, but I've had better luck with MTBR.com's classified ads. I sold my old frameset
there in about a day and a half after it had been on eBay for several days with no bids.

Matt

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:27:24 -0700, "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
>> > Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know
>> > if there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!
>>
>> I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.
>>

>eBay is pretty good, but I've had better luck with MTBR.com's classified ads. I sold my old
>frameset there in about a day and a half after it had been on eBay for several days with no bids.

I've sold one frame on MTBR, one on Ebay, and I'm currently trying to sell another frame.

Recent experience shows much more exposure and interest from Ebay when compared to MTBR although
it's not the greatest time of year to be selling a frame.

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com