Where was the devil?

k.papai wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> "Bob Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I happened to be in Strasbourg during the opening weekend of the Tour. Saw
>>> him in a parking lot just standing around, and he posed for a picture for
>>> me. Later that afternoon I [was taking a huge dump] by the Virgin Megastore in the center of
>>> town and saw that he was going to do a book signing on Saturday....maybe he
>>> was preoccupied this year doing the book tour thing?
>>>

>> How do you do a book signing when you have legendary Euro-funk like that
>> guy? Is the book scratch-and-sniff?

> Carl, you stole my reply! Good job.
>
> However the devil Didi Senft was barely visible this year, extra
> odiferous perhaps?

I can imagine he was extra odiferous, what with all the sideline work
he's been doing in the mines. He's at the top left in this photo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/TamarackMiners_CopperCountryMI_sepia.jpg

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)

Tom Nakashima wrote:
> Under normal circumstances I would say he would burn in Hell.

In this case there might be an air pollution risk.

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Howard Kveck wrote:
>>> No, he wears the same clothes for three weeks.

> Tom Nakashima wrote:
>> Under normal circumstances I would say he would burn in Hell.

> In this case there might be an air pollution risk.

Yup, the ozone layer must be pretty thick down there.
-tom

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> >> No, he wears the same clothes for three weeks.

> Tom Nakashima wrote:
> > Under normal circumstances I would say he would burn in Hell.

> In this case there might be an air pollution risk.

Hmm, then we'd have a Spare the Air day and everyone can ride pubkic transit free.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.