Where was everyone at Tour Presentation?

DepartFictif

Guest
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.

Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
suppose
he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
couldn't tell
wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
French TV
news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
winner, contrary
to the actual facts.

-ilan

DepartFictif wrote:
> So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
> Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
> (and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
> No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
> invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
> darn Tour.

Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.

Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore..

ilan wrote:
> Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
> suppose
> he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
> couldn't tell
> wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
> French TV
> news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
> winner, contrary
> to the actual facts.
>
> -ilan
>
> DepartFictif wrote:
> > So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
> > Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
> > (and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
> > No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
> > invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
> > darn Tour.

What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?

[email protected] wrote:
> What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
>
> On Oct 27, 1:32 pm, "DepartFictif" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
> >
> > Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
> > have nothing to hide anymore..

Non-French riders were boycotting the event because of all the turmoil
between the Tour management and Pro Tour.

That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.

Mark wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
> >
> > On Oct 27, 1:32 pm, "DepartFictif" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
> > >
> > > Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
> > > have nothing to hide anymore..
> > >

> Non-French riders were boycotting the event because of all the turmoil
> between the Tour management and Pro Tour.

That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.

That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.

Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. ;)

~bob

ilan wrote:
> Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
> suppose
> he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
> couldn't tell
> wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
> French TV
> news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
> winner, contrary
> to the actual facts.
>
> -ilan
>
> DepartFictif wrote:
>> So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
>> Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
>> (and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
>> No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
>> invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
>> darn Tour.

On 27 Oct 2006 10:40:16 -0700, "DepartFictif" <[email protected]> a
écrit :

>So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
> Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
>(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
>No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
>invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
>darn Tour.

Wake up

Bike racing is History

The Tour is History

Nobody with half a brain would waste their time on it

Ita Missa Est

--
Davey

in 529500 20061028 025323 "DepartFictif" <[email protected]> wrote:
>That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
>very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.

Keep trying - you might get it right soon.

Hiya!
DepartFictif wrote:
> So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
> Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
> (and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
> No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
> invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
> darn Tour.

The way I heard it, the big-name riders were pretty disgusted at the
UCI/ProTour pissing match. You know, no ceremony for Bettini's World
Points jersey at Giro de Lombardia because the ProTour-affiliated
organiser didn't want to honor a UCI titleholder, the UCI wants to turn
the GdI AND VdE into two-week tours, leaving the TdF as the only three
week game on wheels, etc. Then there's the case of "Them Who Must Not
Be Named" (Lance and Floyd, did the ASO presentation mention Greg among
the cavalcade of TdF winners, even if only as a technical innovator?).
Could it be the RIDERS are the ones who are most interested in the
interests of the fans? Could it be the riders ARE all fans at heart, or
at wallet anyway?

Robert Leone

bob sullivan wrote:
> Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
> campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. ;)

A prostate exam?
???

bdbafh wrote:
> bob sullivan wrote:
>> Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
>> campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. ;)

> A prostate exam?
> ???

Public service announcement.

~bob

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hiya!
> DepartFictif wrote:
>> So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
>> Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
>> (and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
>> No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
>> invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
>> darn Tour.

> The way I heard it, the big-name riders were pretty disgusted at the
> UCI/ProTour pissing match. You know, no ceremony for Bettini's World
> Points jersey at Giro de Lombardia because the ProTour-affiliated
> organiser didn't want to honor a UCI titleholder

<snip>

You seem to have a bunch of things confused. Bettini won the Worlds Road
Race title, not Worlds Points jersey. There is no Worlds Points Jersey.
The competition that replaced the World Cup is the Pro Tour. Valverde won
the Pro Tour this year.

The Pro Tour was created by the UCI, they are not in conflict. The conflict
is between the major race organizers and the UCI.

Thank you. I didn't have the patience to say that myself!

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:25:39 -0800, Frank Drackman wrote:
> There is no Worlds Points Jersey.

Yes there is. Peter Schep, who just won the Amsterdam Six with Danny
Stam and is currently leading the Grenoble Six after 4 nights with
Jens Mouris, holds it.

--
E. Dronkert

> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:25:39 -0800, Frank Drackman wrote:
>> There is no Worlds Points Jersey.

> Yes there is. Peter Schep, who just won the Amsterdam Six with Danny
> Stam and is currently leading the Grenoble Six after 4 nights with
> Jens Mouris, holds it.
>
> --
> E. Dronkert

Otay