Where I was during The Cyclysm....

Brian Roth

Guest
Hitting the mute button every time the bad Dennis Hopper
imitation comes on....

I love the whole idea that OLN is covering the Tour so well, but I wish they would just lose the whole "world revolves around Lance" motif and all the stupid commercials ...........

All I need is about three hours of good live coverage (without Trautwig and Roll commentating - why can't they just replay Phil and Paul in the evening like they used to ..........).

Originally posted by Daremo
I love the whole idea that OLN is covering the Tour so well, but I wish they would just lose the whole "world revolves around Lance" motif and all the stupid commercials ...........

All I need is about three hours of good live coverage (without Trautwig and Roll commentating - why can't they just replay Phil and Paul in the evening like they used to ..........).

Where's this commentating?

victor

Because people like you have a hard time understanding
and appreciating Phil and Paul's non American accents
and speech.

"Daremo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I love the whole idea that OLN is covering the Tour so
> well, but I
wish
> they would just lose the whole "world revolves around
> Lance" motif and all the stupid commercials ...........
>
> All I need is about three hours of good live coverage
> (without
Trautwig
> and Roll commentating - why can't they just replay Phil
> and Paul in
the
> evening like they used to ..........).
>

> --

In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
[email protected] says...

>I love the whole idea that OLN is covering the Tour so
>well, but I wish they would just lose the whole "world
>revolves around Lance" motif and all the stupid commercials
>
>All I need is about three hours of good live coverage
>(without Trautwig and Roll commentating - why can't they
>just replay Phil and Paul in the evening like they used to
>..........).

You need to remember that last year's TDF coverage provided
the highest ratings in OLN history. So this year they are
spending money to make sure they get the big ratings again.
---------------
Alex

Daremo wrote:

> All I need is about three hours of good live coverage
> (without Trautwig and Roll commentating - why can't they
> just replay Phil and Paul in the evening like they used to
> ..........).

why not just tape the morning coverage and watch it at
night?

heather

Daremo wrote:

> I love the whole idea that OLN is covering the Tour so
> well, but I wish they would just lose the whole "world
> revolves around Lance" motif and all the stupid
> commercials ...........
>
> All I need is about three hours of good live coverage
> (without Trautwig and Roll commentating - why can't they
> just replay Phil and Paul in the evening like they used to
> ..........).

I'm sitting here following the Tour through OLN Live Audio
and CN ticker and reading about all this grousing. Some
people oughta learn to be thankful for what they've got.

BTW, if you can manage it you might mute the audio on the TV
and play the OLN Live audio. It's pretty much just Phil and
Paul with a bit of helicopter and crowd noise.

Originally posted by H Squared
why not just tape the morning coverage and watch it at
night?

heather

I have watched all the morning coverage and love it .... but today it's back to the office, so I'll just be following it on Cyclingnews.com for my daily fix.

What I said (for the dumb kids in the class) is that Trautwig and Roll have no business calling a race, leave that to Phil and Paul, they are much better to listen to!

If you manage to get there in time to get the audio to
load.... guess the OLN I.T. boys didn't order up enough
server/bandwith to supply all the tv watchers with their own
live internet audio link and have some left over for us in
I-ruck to follow the tour too.

news:[email protected]...

Daremo wrote:

> H Squared wrote:
> > why not just tape the morning coverage and watch it at
> > night? heather
>
> I have watched all the morning coverage and love it ....
> but today it's back to the office, so I'll just be
> following it on Cyclingnews.com for my daily fix.
>
> What I said (for the dumb kids in the class) is that
> Trautwig and Roll have no business calling a race, leave
> that to Phil and Paul, they are much better to listen to!
>
> --

ok, suit yourself. for myself i can't imagine not watching
it! i look forward to watching the 3 grand tours all
winter long. h