White Trash Christmas

In article <[email protected]>, Trekkie Dad
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <vjnK9.137814$pN3.9898@sccrnsc03>,
> "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > > TD "How's that for MTB content?"
> > >
> > > --
> > > [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (1998) still available at:
> > > http://www.geocities.com/trekkiedad/wwc.html
> >

> > Speaking of MTB content, your site (listed in your sig) is "unavailable"...
> >

> Thanks for the heads up. I'll investigate.

OK, I investigated. It seems ALL the files in my geocities site have disappeared. I have backups,
but have unable to get them back on using the so-called "easy uploader." So, in the meantime, I have
copied the wwc dictionary to a new location--at least for now. It's in my sig below.

TD

--
[email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

Try http://www.twistedradio.com/download/whitetrashvideo.swf

--
M. Prindle http://www.pobox.com/~mprindle

Baxter wrote:

>>>Pass me a Coors-In-A-Can will ya?
>>
>>I'm confused. Is Coors in a can bad?
>

> No self-respecting beer allows it's self to be placed into a can. It's bad form.
>
> Greg "beer snob" Baxter

Man, and I thought Milwaukee's best was quality beer...

(I'm kidding, just so you know. the stuff sucks... not that I'd know from first hand experience of
course, that would be illegal.)

Jon "Commander" Bond

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote

> No self-respecting beer allows it's self to be placed into a can. It's bad form.

With the exception of Guinness. Guiness in a can is far superior to the bottled version.

CC

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> No self-respecting beer allows it's self to be placed into a can. It's
bad
> form.

Hmm, someone might want to tell Guinness, Boddington's, and Young's about that... I've had one other
but can't remember the name, Death Monk Ale or something like that.

-will

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Baxter wrote:
> > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>I'm confused. Is Coors in a can bad?
> >

> > No self-respecting beer allows it's self to be placed into a can. It's
bad
> > form.
> >
> > Greg "beer snob" Baxter
> >

> Man, and I thought Milwaukee's best was quality beer...
>
> (I'm kidding, just so you know. the stuff sucks... not that I'd know from first hand experience of
> course, that would be illegal.)
>
> Jon "Commander" Bond

You're in college, you're supposed to be drinking for effect not taste. You can't afford
to be picky.

OTOH, The parent in me just told me to tell you to be careful. ;^)

Mike

> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Baxter wrote:
> > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > No self-respecting beer allows it's self to be placed into a can.
It's
> bad
> > > form.
> > >
> > > Greg "beer snob" Baxter
> > >

> > Man, and I thought Milwaukee's best was quality beer...
> >
> > (I'm kidding, just so you know. the stuff sucks... not that I'd know from first hand experience
> > of course, that would be illegal.)
> >
> > Jon "Commander" Bond
> >

> You're in college, you're supposed to be drinking for effect not taste.
You
> can't afford to be picky.
>
> OTOH, The parent in me just told me to tell you to be careful. ;^)
>
> Mike

Whenever I go home for Christmas its Coors in a Can and I better not be trying to sneak in none of
that ***** city folk micro brew ****, not if I want any peace while I drink my beer.

When in Rome .....

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Whenever I go home for Christmas its Coors in a Can and I better not be trying to sneak in none of
> that ***** city folk micro brew ****, not if I want any peace while I drink my beer.
>
> When in Rome .....

The word I have for beer in a can kinda rhymes with 'peace'.

Oh hell, drink enough of that "***** city folk micro brew ****" and you won't care if they bother
you. Tried some Unibroue Maudite last night. Something like 8% alcohol. Also comes in a 23 oz bottle
with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to finish it! ;^)

http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm

Mike

Cinder Girl wrote:

> Whenever I go home for Christmas its Coors in a Can and I better not be trying to sneak in none of
> that ***** city folk micro brew ****, not if I want any peace while I drink my beer.

They used to serve Coors in my uni bar (replacing Stella - which actually saw the largest student
protest in decades, but I digress) and although generally poor, sometimes it was downright rancid. I
remember me and a mate actually pouring our pints in to a plant pot - bearing in mind we were hard
up, pisshead students, you can imagine how bad it was.

This goes against my original post, when I was actually thinking about Miller. Which also is not
that great, but holds a special place in my heart, after my post-finals party.

> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Whenever I go home for Christmas its Coors in a Can and I better not be trying to sneak in none
> > of that ***** city folk micro brew ****, not if
> > want any peace while I drink my beer.
> >
> > When in Rome .....
> >

> The word I have for beer in a can kinda rhymes with 'peace'.
>
> Oh hell, drink enough of that "***** city folk micro brew ****" and you won't care if they bother
> you. Tried some Unibroue Maudite last night. Something like 8% alcohol. Also comes in a 23 oz
> bottle with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to finish it! ;^)
>
> http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm
>
> Mike

Right, like finishing my beer is a problem ;)

Michael Dart wrote:
> Tried some Unibroue Maudite last night. Something like 8% alcohol.

Maudite is my current favorite brew, though a Fin Du Monde is the close second. Trios Pistoles
reaaly needs to cellar for a few more years to develop, IMO.

>Also comes in a 23 oz bottle with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to
>finish it! ;^)

It's what I call a "night-ender"... Pop the cork and the night is over.

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Whenever I go home for Christmas its Coors in a Can and I better not be trying to sneak in none
> > of that ***** city folk micro brew ****, not if
> > want any peace while I drink my beer.
> >
> > When in Rome .....
> >

> The word I have for beer in a can kinda rhymes with 'peace'.
>
> Oh hell, drink enough of that "***** city folk micro brew ****" and you won't care if they bother
> you. Tried some Unibroue Maudite last night. Something like 8% alcohol. Also comes in a 23 oz
> bottle with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to finish it! ;^)
>
> http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm

Just like posh Special Brew ',;~}

This sounds interesting: http://www.realbeer.com/library/beerbreak/archives/beerbreak20020214.html

Shaun aRe

> Michael Dart wrote:
> > Tried some Unibroue Maudite last night.
> > Something like 8% alcohol.
>

> Maudite is my current favorite brew, though a Fin Du Monde is the close second. Trios Pistoles
> reaaly needs to cellar for a few more years to develop, IMO.

Yes, very good even though I still have a touch too much cold to really enjoy it. I'll have to try
'em all though I'm a little too impatient to wait for the Pistoles. Though, probably like you, I'd
have the other two to keep me busy until the time is ripe. ;^) .

> >Also comes in a 23 oz bottle with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to
> >finish it! ;^)
>
> It's what I call a "night-ender"... Pop the cork and the night is over.

Hehehe...I'd say so!

Mike - mmmmm...beer!

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> >Also comes in a 23 oz bottle with a champagne cork that you can't put back in so you *have* to
> >finish it! ;^)
>
> It's what I call a "night-ender"... Pop the cork and the night is over.

Ahem! ',;~}

Shaun aRe - "I'm done, g'night dear..."

> Cinder Girl wrote:
> >>http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm Mike
> > Right, like finishing my beer is a problem ;)
>

> Go get a 750ml bottle of La Fin du Monde (9%, triple fermented) and see if you still feel the same
> way in the morning. http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm
>
> yummy, but better make sure there is someone else helping you with the bottle, perhaps your
> roadiefreak hubby ;-)

No, he has to help with things like keeping me from dancing on the tables and driving me home.

Cinder Girl wrote:
>>Go get a 750ml bottle of La Fin du Monde (9%, triple fermented) and see if you still feel the same
>>way in the morning. http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm
>>
>>yummy, but better make sure there is someone else helping you with the bottle, perhaps your
>>roadiefreak hubby ;-)
>>

> No, he has to help with things like keeping me from dancing on the tables and driving me home.

Ahh, see that is why I prefer to drink _AT_ home so I don't have to worr about driving, and I can
dance on the table or kitchen counter, as I please.

--
John G.

currenlty enjoying a "green eyed mexican" 2oz Don Julio Reposado 1oz Cointreau
1/2oz Blue Curacao juice of one fresh navel orange shake over crushed ice, and strain.

hoooo boy these things go down smoooth and pack a whallop!

> Cinder Girl wrote:
> >>Go get a 750ml bottle of La Fin du Monde (9%, triple fermented) and see if you still feel the
> >>same way in the morning. http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm
> >>
> >>yummy, but better make sure there is someone else helping you with the bottle, perhaps your
> >>roadiefreak hubby ;-)
> >>

> > No, he has to help with things like keeping me from dancing on the
tables
> > and driving me home.
>

> Ahh, see that is why I prefer to drink _AT_ home so I don't have to worr about driving, and I can
> dance on the table or kitchen counter, as I
please.

> --
> John G.
>
> currenlty enjoying a "green eyed mexican" 2oz Don Julio Reposado 1oz Cointreau
> 1/2oz Blue Curacao juice of one fresh navel orange shake over crushed ice, and strain.
>
> hoooo boy these things go down smoooth and pack a whallop!

ooooooooo. Sounds good, can we come over? I promise not to dance on the furniture and we won't wear
any gay roadie outfits.

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Cinder Girl wrote:
> >>Go get a 750ml bottle of La Fin du Monde (9%, triple fermented) and see if you still feel the
> >>same way in the morning. http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm
> >>
> >>yummy, but better make sure there is someone else helping you with the bottle, perhaps your
> >>roadiefreak hubby ;-)
> >>

> > No, he has to help with things like keeping me from dancing on the
tables
> > and driving me home.
>

> Ahh, see that is why I prefer to drink _AT_ home so I don't have to worr about driving, and I can
> dance on the table or kitchen counter, as I
please.

Mpeg!

',;~}

Shaun aRe