Why bib shorts???

macguyver

Aug 13, 2006
I have several pair of bike shorts but no bib shorts-- what purpose are they for?? What advantage is there in using them??
Thanks!!!

macguyver said:
I have several pair of bike shorts but no bib shorts-- what purpose are they for?? What advantage is there in using them??
Thanks!!!
Personally i find them much more comfortable.

WAY more comfortable. especially if you have any sort of belly at all. there's no waistband cutting into your waist. plus you don't have to adjust them at all. they see mto stay right where they should be.

the only bad thing is that the straps chafe my nips pretty bad so i have to put bandaids over them when wearing bibs.

The one thing that bothered me wearing shorts was when I got out of the saddle and then came back on my shorts would sometimes snag the nose of my saddle and move the shorts down my butt. With bibs they stay on my butt.

likes to ride said:
The one thing that bothered me wearing shorts was when I got out of the saddle and then came back on my shorts would sometimes snag the nose of my saddle and move the shorts down my butt. With bibs they stay on my butt.
LOL. Yep I have seen some serious **** cracks being paraded by blokes in shorts. Not pretty. Luckily I am a God on a bike and fly by at 50kmh.

I find it difficult to use the restroom. I have to take off the jersey and one shoulder strap off. I missed my TT start a few months back when I wore a bib for the first time.

yup- i agree with what they all said

they stay in place better and are just more comfy.

haven't experiences any nipple irritation or **** cracks yet, thank jah.

even tho i feel like a complete bike nerd now that i wear bibs, WTF!

so are you gonna try em???
let us know.

UCI_Aylwin said:
I find it difficult to use the restroom. I have to take off the jersey and one shoulder strap off. I missed my TT start a few months back when I wore a bib for the first time.

You need to work on your technique. Lil Pete goes out of the basement, not the attic.

capwater said:
You need to work on your technique. Lil Pete goes out of the basement, not the attic.
The simplest inferences make me chuckle the most. Nice one!

With my Assos bibs is easier to run the drainpipe over the fence than under. Quick and easy.

cheapie said:
the only bad thing is that the straps chafe my nips pretty bad so i have to put bandaids over them when wearing bibs.

Take a look at the new Castelli Free bibs. The straps don't run over the nipples.

cheapie said:
thanks! i will. :D
Can anyone advise on why there is such a range in price? I've been scouting ebay and sorts, and it seems they can run from 30 bucks to over 400????? (i didn't pay that much for my bike!)

well...there's certainly a huge range in quality. but like anything else, pricing is related to demand and consumer perception. if they could get more, they would.