Wireless flight deck with GPS and Polar HRM

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by B A R R Y B U R, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Folks, Has anyone here used a wireless Shimano Flight Deck at the same time as a Garmin GPS and a
    Polar HRM? If so, were there any interference problems?

    I'm thinking of picking up a Flight Deck, but have heard of interference from NiteRider lights and
    power lines. My GPS has caused interference with other wireless computers within 2 feet or so.

    Thanks, Barry

    Tags:

  2. Tom Dimauro

    Tom Dimauro Guest

    Barry Dude,

    Sounds like you need to simplify....... Too many toys man...... How do you have time to see the
    trail/road. I think you need a cordless stereo system with automatic disc exchanger strapped to
    your helmet.

    TOM D............................

    news:[email protected]...

  3. On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:05:45 -0400, "Tom DiMauro" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Barry Dude,
    >
    >Sounds like you need to simplify....... Too many toys man......

    Right-o!

    > How do you have time to see the trail/road.

    I don't, that's why I have a broken shoulder. <G>

    Not riding makes me think about this stuff while I'm at the shop.

    > I think you need a cordless stereo system with automatic disc exchanger strapped to your helmet.

    Nah, what I really need is to get back out riding, in a bad way!

    Barry

  4. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

    > Has anyone here used a wireless Shimano Flight Deck at the same time as a Garmin GPS and a
    > Polar HRM? If so, were there any interference problems?

    I've used a Polar S710 with both a Magellan 315, and a Travroute sleeve with an iPaq PDA. Not at
    the same time of course. No wait, yes, I did use them at the same time once.

    It all worked.

    --
    Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org