women not safe on brisbane bike paths

asterope

New Member
Jun 6, 2006
another attack on a brisbane bike path

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19849088-5003400,00.html

this is awful, its in my neck of the woods, and one of my fave weekend rides too :(
i really do hope they catch this sick F**ker, he deserves everything he will get when hes in jail.

please be careful when riding on the bike paths girls, and guys, please keep an eye out for this shady character.

or guys... do as the guys at the LBS were suggesting... **** yourselves up and kick this guys ****!!

Bloody opportunistic scum, this mongrel obviously monitors for potential victims on the paths. I'd strongly caution against vigilatism, i.e: if you see anything, go straight to the police with information. (although the thought would cross most of us to give this mongrel a damn good kicking) :mad:

QLD Police: Personal Safety
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/personalSafety/

Safety for Women: Most Common Threats
http://www.safetyforwomen.com/threats.htm
http://www.safetyforwomen.com/preparing.htm

cfsmtb said:
Bloody opportunistic scum, this mongrel obviously monitors for potential victims on the paths. I'd strongly caution against vigilatism, i.e: if you see anything, go straight to the police with information. (although the thought would cross most of us to give this mongrel a damn good kicking) :mad:

QLD Police: Personal Safety
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/personalSafety/

Safety for Women: Most Common Threats
http://www.safetyforwomen.com/threats.htm
http://www.safetyforwomen.com/preparing.htm

Absolutely. Mind you, I can't help but hope that he tries it on with someone like Tam who'd cheerfully wedge his bollocks somewhere up near the pineal gland.

cfsmtb wrote:
> Bloody opportunistic scum, this mongrel obviously monitors for potential
> victims on the paths. I'd strongly caution against vigilatism, i.e: if
> you see anything, go straight to the police with information. (although
> the thought would cross most of us to give this mongrel a damn good
> kicking) :mad:
>
> QLD Police: Personal Safety
> http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/personalSafety/
>
> Safety for Women: Most Common Threats
> http://www.safetyforwomen.com/threats.htm
> http://www.safetyforwomen.com/preparing.htm

cfsmtb - many thanks for those links

Karen

--
"Sometimes I think I have a Guardian Idiot - a little invisible spirit
just behind my shoulder, looking out for me ... only he's an imbecile" -

"asterope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> another attack on a brisbane bike path
>
> http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19849088-5003400,00.html
>
> this is awful, its in my neck of the woods, and one of my fave weekend
> rides too :(
> i really do hope they catch this sick F**ker, he deserves everything he
> will get when hes in jail.
>
> please be careful when riding on the bike paths girls, and guys, please
> keep an eye out for this shady character.
>
> or guys... do as the guys at the LBS were suggesting... **** yourselves
> up and kick this guys ****!!
>

> --
> asterope

I'm definately looking out for anyone shady on the bikepaths that I use.
Where the women was raped is not far from where I live on a path that women
riders I know use at dusk/dawn. I feel like putting up some signs "we are
watching you and we'll get you" or something.

Adam

Resound wrote:

> cfsmtb Wrote:
> > Bloody opportunistic scum, this mongrel obviously monitors for potential
> > victims on the paths. I'd strongly caution against vigilatism, i.e: if
> > you see anything, go straight to the police with information. (although
> > the thought would cross most of us to give this mongrel a damn good
> > kicking) :mad:
> >
> > QLD Police: Personal Safety
> > http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/personalSafety/
> >
> > Safety for Women: Most Common Threats
> > http://www.safetyforwomen.com/threats.htm
> > http://www.safetyforwomen.com/preparing.htm

> Absolutely. Mind you, I can't help but hope that he tries it on with
> someone like Tam who'd cheerfully wedge his bollocks somewhere up near
> the pineal gland.

Funnily, a rather similar comment was made on coolrunning...